Topic
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2013-05-23T17:48:29Z by bkail
S0WT_Stewart_Robertson
4 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Installer does not work for WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment V8.5.Next Beta

‏2013-05-20T22:02:30Z |

I followed the instructions at https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/blogs/wasdev/entry/download_nd_eap?lang=en, and ran the command java -jar wlp- nd-r unti me-8 .5.n ext. beta .ja r as instructed from cygwin.

However it does not work, giving the error:

Enter directory for product files or leave blank to accept the default value.
The default target directory is C:\app\ibm\was

Target directory for product files? /cygdrive/c/app/ibm/was
The directory C:\cygdrive\c\app\ibm\was is not a valid installation.

First question is how do I get the unpacker to work under cygwin?  We do not have access to the cmd prompt directly.

Second, why is Liberty distributed like this anyway, if it's just unzipping it can't it be shipped as a zip rather than a self extracting jar? 

Stu

• bkail
    bkail
    23 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Installer does not work for WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment V8.5.Next Beta

‏2013-05-23T17:48:29Z  in response to S0WT_Stewart_Robertson

The "java" executable is not Cygwin-aware, so you should always use Windows paths in Java applications rather than Cygwin paths.  If you're scripting the install, you might use: java -jar wlp.jar --acceptLicense "$(cygpath -ma "some cygwin path")"

The extractor allows additional logic to run at install time, which is useful for a variety of reasons: licensing, consistent handling of executable permission for scripts on UNIX, consistent handling of unicode path names, etc.