Topic
  • 11 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2016-02-17T17:36:34Z by DaveN
stonerl
stonerl
17 Posts

Pinned topic Deploying CICS Application Bundle Example and getting error

‏2014-07-18T18:43:28Z |

We have our first JVMServer started in a CICS 4.2 region and trying to deploy the JCICS examples so we can verify our setup.  We are new to the Java environment but excited at the prospects it can bring to the mainframe.

We are using IBM Explorer for z/OS Version: 2.1.0.5 [build id: 20140520-2340] to deploy it to Unix systems services.  It appears to be almost complete and then we are receivie a "Project facet osgi.bundle has not been defined."

Any ideas on how to correct this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Larry Stoner

Nationwide insurance

• DaveN
    DaveN
    82 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Deploying CICS Application Bundle Example and getting error

‏2014-07-22T09:10:51Z  
    • stonerl
    • ‏2014-07-21T18:15:26Z

Hi Dave,

Thanks for responding.  Yes, I am running z/OS Explorer 2.1.0.5 and CICS Explorer 5.2.  I have the same four bundles in my workspace as you do.

I still get the "Project facet osgi.bundle has not been defined." error when I try to FTP to USS.

I have attached my service data and will e-mail it to you also.

Thanks,

Larry

Nationwide Insurance

Hi Larry,

I was able to recreate this problem. I don't have a concrete solution - I think you will need to raise a PMR for this one.

As a workaround, it doesn't sound like you are planning to use the web capability at this stage. If you open the Installation Manager dialog, hit Modify. Choose your z/OS Explorer package group and Next. In the CICS Explorer SDK, untick the IBM CICS SDK for Web and JSP support.

Once you remove the SDK for Web and JSP support, you should be able to export without a problem.

Thanks,

Dave

• DaveN
    DaveN
    82 Posts

‏2014-07-21T12:53:46Z  

Hi Larry,

I am excited that you are excited! Let's see if we can get you past this mini-roadblock :-)

So - just to be clear. You're running z/OS Explorer 2.1.0.5 and you have CICS Explorer 5.1.1.5 or 5.2 installed into it?

You've got four bundles in your workspace:

com.ibm.cics.server.examples.bundle
    com.ibm.cics.server.examples.hello
    com.ibm.cics.server.examples.jcics
    com.ibm.cics.server.examples.web

They should look like the attached bundles.jpg.

You are right-clicking on com.ibm.cics.server.examples.bundle and choosing Export Bundle Project to z/OS UNIX File System. You specify a location on zFS.

Then it should export to zFS - see zfs.jpg attached.

1) Are you doing something different to me? Does my description help you solve the problem!

2) If not, please collect your service data from File > Trace > Collect Service Data and email it to us unless you are happy attaching it here. You could email it dave.nice@uk.ibm.com and I'll help find someone who can look at it.

Dave

Attachments

• stonerl
    stonerl
    17 Posts

‏2014-07-21T18:15:26Z  
    • DaveN
    • ‏2014-07-21T12:53:46Z

Hi Larry,

I am excited that you are excited! Let's see if we can get you past this mini-roadblock :-)

So - just to be clear. You're running z/OS Explorer 2.1.0.5 and you have CICS Explorer 5.1.1.5 or 5.2 installed into it?

You are right-clicking on com.ibm.cics.server.examples.bundle and choosing Export Bundle Project to z/OS UNIX File System. You specify a location on zFS.

1) Are you doing something different to me? Does my description help you solve the problem!

2) If not, please collect your service data from File > Trace > Collect Service Data and email it to us unless you are happy attaching it here. You could email it dave.nice@uk.ibm.com and I'll help find someone who can look at it.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for responding.  Yes, I am running z/OS Explorer 2.1.0.5 and CICS Explorer 5.2.  I have the same four bundles in my workspace as you do.

I still get the "Project facet osgi.bundle has not been defined." error when I try to FTP to USS.

Thanks,

Larry

Nationwide Insurance

• DaveN
    DaveN
    82 Posts

‏2014-07-22T09:10:51Z  
    • stonerl
    • ‏2014-07-21T18:15:26Z

Hi Dave,

Thanks,

Larry

Nationwide Insurance

Hi Larry,

I was able to recreate this problem. I don't have a concrete solution - I think you will need to raise a PMR for this one.

As a workaround, it doesn't sound like you are planning to use the web capability at this stage. If you open the Installation Manager dialog, hit Modify. Choose your z/OS Explorer package group and Next. In the CICS Explorer SDK, untick the IBM CICS SDK for Web and JSP support.

Once you remove the SDK for Web and JSP support, you should be able to export without a problem.

Thanks,

Dave

• stonerl
    stonerl
    17 Posts

‏2014-07-22T12:38:07Z  
    • DaveN
    • ‏2014-07-22T09:10:51Z

Hi Larry,

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave,

I modified the CICS Explorer SDK as you recommended and it now works !!!

I will check with the application team to see if Web support is a requirement and open a PMR at that time.

Thanks for you assistance, it was greatly appreicated !!!   :-)

Larry

Nationwide Insurance

• DKent
    DKent
    1 Post

‏2014-08-01T18:51:32Z  

I had the same error message using the CICS Explorer plugin for Juno.  The answer is the same.  Go to HELP > About Eclipse and select [Installation Details].  Find the various IBM CICS SDK for Servlets and JSP and Uninstall them. (I had two instances)  You can always add back once you need the web support.  

• davidknibb
    davidknibb
    10 Posts

‏2014-08-05T12:17:15Z  
    • stonerl
    • ‏2014-07-22T12:38:07Z

Hi Dave,

I modified the CICS Explorer SDK as you recommended and it now works !!!

I will check with the application team to see if Web support is a requirement and open a PMR at that time.

Thanks for you assistance, it was greatly appreicated !!!   :-)

Larry

Nationwide Insurance

Hi Larry and DKent,

We have raised APAR IV63132 against CICS Explorer V5.2 to correct this. This will be made available in a future fix pack for CICS Explorer.

The APAR is documented here, if you would like to subscribe yourself to it for updates:
    https://www-304.ibm.com/support/entdocview.wss?uid=swg1IV63132

Kind Regards, David

• rogerle
    rogerle
    2 Posts

‏2014-08-18T15:47:51Z  
    • DaveN
    • ‏2014-07-21T12:53:46Z

Hi Larry,

Dave

Hi Dave

I removed Web and JSP support over Installation Manager, but the problem still exists.

I send and email too

Kind regards

Andreas

• DaveN
    DaveN
    82 Posts

‏2014-08-19T10:03:07Z  
    • rogerle
    • ‏2014-08-18T15:47:51Z

Hi Dave

I removed Web and JSP support over Installation Manager, but the problem still exists.

I send and email too

Kind regards

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

The problematic code is in a plug-in called com.ibm.cics.explorer.sdk.web which is included as part of the web feature tick box.

I had a look in SystemSummary.txt in your service data and can see that the plug-in is still installed and active. This is why you are still seeing the problem.

I wonder if this is related to you using RD/z? RD/z contains its own version of CICS Explorer. Possibly that version comes with the web stuff installed by default in a way that's difficult to uninstall. In the Installation Manager interface is there anywhere else you can see where you could go into CICS Explorer to untick the web feature?

There are two other options that I can think of!

1) Install the WebSphere Application Server development tools via p2 (so inside your RD/z, do Help > Install New Software), downloaded from here: https://developer.ibm.com/wasdev/downloads/#asset/tools-WebSphere_Developer_Tools_for_Eclipse_Juno

2) Hang on - this is something we're looking at as you can see from David K's post earlier!

Dave

• rogerle
    rogerle
    2 Posts

‏2014-08-21T04:19:24Z  
    • DaveN
    • ‏2014-08-19T10:03:07Z

Hi Andreas,

The problematic code is in a plug-in called com.ibm.cics.explorer.sdk.web which is included as part of the web feature tick box.

I had a look in SystemSummary.txt in your service data and can see that the plug-in is still installed and active. This is why you are still seeing the problem.

I wonder if this is related to you using RD/z? RD/z contains its own version of CICS Explorer. Possibly that version comes with the web stuff installed by default in a way that's difficult to uninstall. In the Installation Manager interface is there anywhere else you can see where you could go into CICS Explorer to untick the web feature?

There are two other options that I can think of!

1) Install the WebSphere Application Server development tools via p2 (so inside your RD/z, do Help > Install New Software), downloaded from here: https://developer.ibm.com/wasdev/downloads/#asset/tools-WebSphere_Developer_Tools_for_Eclipse_Juno

2) Hang on - this is something we're looking at as you can see from David K's post earlier!

Dave

Hi Dave

Install the WebSphere Application Server development Tools solved the Problem.

Thanks

• Mary-Jane
    Mary-Jane
    1 Post

‏2016-02-15T17:50:41Z  

HI Dave,

I am encountering the same error: "Project facet osgi.bundle has not been defined."

I am trying to run the CICS samples before I hand the environment over to the applications team.

I have had a good dig around in the RDz client and can see no reference to "/OS Explorer package ".

Is this the only other recommended solution? Install Websphere Application Server Development tools - to solve the problem?

The RDz client I am using is 9.1.1 and the mainframe RDz is at 9.1

Thanks, Mary-Jane

• DaveN
    DaveN
    82 Posts

‏2016-02-17T17:36:34Z  

HI Dave,

I am encountering the same error: "Project facet osgi.bundle has not been defined."

I am trying to run the CICS samples before I hand the environment over to the applications team.

I have had a good dig around in the RDz client and can see no reference to "/OS Explorer package ".

Is this the only other recommended solution? Install Websphere Application Server Development tools - to solve the problem?

The RDz client I am using is 9.1.1 and the mainframe RDz is at 9.1

Thanks, Mary-Jane

Hi Mary-Jane,

We're working through this in a PMR but just for the benefit of anyone else reading, the easiest action here is to upgrade to RD/z 9.1.1.2 or later which will have the fixed version of CICS Explorer in.

Dave