IC5Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-08-07T04:39:33Z by kachi
kachi
kachi
20 Posts

Pinned topic How to save username and passowrd for for subsequent sessions

‏2014-08-06T11:36:57Z |

HI,

I am using ,

Web Experience Factory Designer Version: 8.0.0.1

Build id: WEF8.0.0.1_20120815-0935

IBM Portal Server 8.0

We are designing login screen implementation  in my project  and we have to implement a system that should allow the user to save the username for subsequent sessions  after successfull login that means  we need to recheck the login crdentials in each navigation. And also The system should expire the session if the user leaves the website or 30 minutes has passed.

Can you please help how to implement this scenario's using Web Experience factory.

• mburati
    mburati
    2554 Posts

Re: How to save username and passowrd for for subsequent sessions

‏2014-08-06T13:19:58Z  

WebSphere Portal (via WebSphere Application Server) does the authentication and session support for you, you should not typically be doing this in a portlet (saving and checking password and managing session timeouts, as you'd be rebuilding what the platform already provides (and running the security risks for all the things that the platform already protects against for you.

- to set the session timeout (which defaults to 30 min anyway, I believe) you can use the WAS console ( https://server:port/ibm/console ) - see the WAS documentation for details.

- Is there a reason you need to be using an older release to build new functionality?   WEF 8.5 is the latest WEF release and if you're using 800x,  8.0.0.3 is the latest fixpack on that release stream.

I hope that info helps,
    ..Mike Burati 
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.
  • kachi
    kachi
    20 Posts

Re: How to save username and passowrd for for subsequent sessions

‏2014-08-07T04:39:33Z  
    • mburati
    • ‏2014-08-06T13:19:58Z

WebSphere Portal (via WebSphere Application Server) does the authentication and session support for you, you should not typically be doing this in a portlet (saving and checking password and managing session timeouts, as you'd be rebuilding what the platform already provides (and running the security risks for all the things that the platform already protects against for you.

- to set the session timeout (which defaults to 30 min anyway, I believe) you can use the WAS console ( https://server:port/ibm/console ) - see the WAS documentation for details.

- Is there a reason you need to be using an older release to build new functionality?   WEF 8.5 is the latest WEF release and if you're using 800x,  8.0.0.3 is the latest fixpack on that release stream.

I hope that info helps,
    ..Mike Burati 
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.

Thank you MBURATI.

I will inform to my team regrding version descprency.