Topic
  • 12 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-10-30T07:35:58Z by Chandu A
Alexey Gorbunov
Alexey Gorbunov
218 Posts

Pinned topic Custom DotEdit Panels in 8.1.0.2

‏2013-12-12T18:47:28Z | . 8.1.0.2 custom datacap dotedit fixpack fixpack2 fp2 panel

Good Day all,

I've noticed that after installing FP2 on Taskmaster 8.1 the DotEdit cannot properly display my custom panel. I will be testing with "out-of-the-box" panel. What you see is significant margin around top left corner of the panel (inside top left corner of the DotEdit) (see sample1). This prevents the form from being displayed properly and scroll bars that appear on the Custom Panel cannot display the entire panel, so part of it gets truncated (see sample2).

I'm looking to clarify two questions:

1) Have anyone tested the Datacap FP2 out-of-the-box APT . I'm curious to know if the panel is displayed properly.

2) I assume that the new FP2 requires a new version of SDK that would satisfy DotEdit in FP2 to display custom panel properly.  When we should expect this? Most likely I'll be opening PMR, but any additional information is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

• CraigHalliday
    CraigHalliday
    35 Posts

Re: Custom DotEdit Panels in 8.1.0.2

‏2013-12-17T05:51:23Z  

I also experienced this problem with custom panel after applying FP2. I opened the dotedit project and found that the panel now has a border which had a height of 766 pixels (from memory). My panel had several controls below this size which I could not access or move. I uninstalled Datacap and re-installed Datacap and Fixpack 1. I then found that OCR_A was not usable at all. I tried three computers which had had FP2 installed then removed and had the same OCR_A problem (unable to initialise OCR engine) I would avoid FP2 until these issues are fixed !! I haven't raised a PMR yet but intend to when I'm back in my office later this week.

• Alexey Gorbunov
    Alexey Gorbunov
    218 Posts

‏2013-12-17T18:01:41Z  

I also experienced this problem with custom panel after applying FP2. I opened the dotedit project and found that the panel now has a border which had a height of 766 pixels (from memory). My panel had several controls below this size which I could not access or move. I uninstalled Datacap and re-installed Datacap and Fixpack 1. I then found that OCR_A was not usable at all. I tried three computers which had had FP2 installed then removed and had the same OCR_A problem (unable to initialise OCR engine) I would avoid FP2 until these issues are fixed !! I haven't raised a PMR yet but intend to when I'm back in my office later this week.

Can you please post the RRS log from the batch where you had an issue with OCR_A? At some point I had an issue with Licensing for one of the recognition engines (I cannot remember which one, but in RRS log there was a message about recognition engine and its license) after restoring VM to previous state the issue seemed to go away. I'm wondering if you experienced something similar as I cannot reproduce it at the moment. 

Thank you.

• CraigHalliday
    CraigHalliday
    35 Posts

‏2013-12-19T23:42:51Z  

Can you please post the RRS log from the batch where you had an issue with OCR_A? At some point I had an issue with Licensing for one of the recognition engines (I cannot remember which one, but in RRS log there was a message about recognition engine and its license) after restoring VM to previous state the issue seemed to go away. I'm wondering if you experienced something similar as I cannot reproduce it at the moment. 

Thank you.

Unfortunately I can't get the log as the batch has since been deleted but I will try and reproduce the issue and post a log

• xmahieu
    xmahieu
    3 Posts

‏2014-01-15T13:58:41Z  

Hi,

I updated my datacap taskmaster and when i open the solution into VS2010, i cannot compile it but i can compile in the FP001. I received a lot of error message like 

Does someone encountered this problem ? May You let me know how to fix it ? 

Xavier

• Brian Vaughn
    Brian Vaughn
    24 Posts

‏2014-01-15T15:14:13Z  

What is going on is that FP2 upgraded the DotScanLib file from .NET framework 2 to framework 4.  That means you can't use it in your DotScan project that is set for .NET 4.  I just changed the Properties to .NET version 4 and recompiled the project.

• AlexSchwagle
    AlexSchwagle
    10 Posts

‏2014-01-30T17:21:55Z  

I ran into this same problem with 8.1.0.2. It occurs with the custom DotEdit panel, and actually occurs in DotScan with the out-of-the-box Scan panel as well. 

The problem seems to be related to the resolution of the workstation being used. If you try to run your UI on a station that has a larger resolution, you probably won't experience the problem. Likewise, running it on a station with a smaller resolution will downscale everything to fit that resolution. It's an irritating to be sure.

I had IBM acknowledge this as a problem in two separate PMRs. Presumably the fix will be bundled fixpack 3, but a workaround until then is to change the resolution of the station you're working on.

• CraigHalliday
    CraigHalliday
    35 Posts

‏2014-02-05T22:05:06Z  

Thank you.

I now have a log showing the OCR/A error experienced after falling back to FP1.  I have attached the whole log (from a FingerprintAdd rule) and extracted the error message below. I have raised a service request with IBM today for this.

11:50:17.253 (15)  OCR_A 8.1.0.65
    11:50:17.253 (0)                /load
    11:50:17.253 (0)                execute statement On Action Start
    11:50:17.253 (0)                   executing code:
    11:50:17.253 (0)                   Call OnActionStart()
    11:50:17.253 (0)                /execute statement On Action Start
    11:50:17.253 (0)  Initializing Object Datacap.Libraries.Abbyy.EngineWrapper
    11:50:17.253 (0)  Object Datacap.Libraries.Abbyy.EngineWrapper successfully created
    11:50:17.253 (0)  Could not create OCR/A recognition engine. Message: No module loaded for class 'DocumentAnalysis.OrientationDetectionParams'
    11:50:17.269 (16)  ----- OCR/A page recognition of: c:\datacap\compustor poc\fingerprint\586.tif -----
    11:50:17.269 (0)                exception in call script
    11:50:17.269 (0)             /action
    11:50:17.269 (0)          /func
    11:50:17.269 (0)       /rule
    11:50:17.269 (0)    /dco
    11:50:17.269 (0) /ruleset
    11:50:17.269 (0) Error (0=hex:0). In CScript::Call(SAFEARRAY): Action execution failed: Script Error:
    Error: (null)
    Description: No module loaded for class 'DocumentAnalysis.OrientationDetectionParams'
    Error code: 0x80004005 - Unspecified error
    Source: (null)
    Line: 1471, Char: 4 [api source:]

11:50:17.269 (0) EXCEPTION: code="0" msg="Action execution failed: Script Error:
    Error: (null)
    Description: No module loaded for class 'DocumentAnalysis.OrientationDetectionParams'
    Error code: 0x80004005 - Unspecified error
    Source: (null)
    Line: 1471, Char: 4" loc="CScript::Call(SAFEARRAY)" API=""
    11:50:17.269 (0) CIMainAlgorithm::Execute::finalize_after_process:
    11:50:17.269 (0) execute statement On Process End
    11:50:17.269 (0)    executing code:
    11:50:17.269 (0)    Quit()
    11:50:17.300 (31) /execute statement On Process End

Attachments

• Alexey Gorbunov
    Alexey Gorbunov
    218 Posts

‏2014-03-05T17:55:58Z  

Updated downloads for building custom DotScan and DotEdit panels:

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/topic?id=443b6d60-246d-4381-af66-e821ff6ffd60&ps=25

• Tom Busillo
    Tom Busillo
    200 Posts

‏2014-03-05T18:19:36Z  

I ran into this issue.  Changing the start position in visual studio for the form to "manual" fixed the issue for me.

• Chandu A
    Chandu A
    154 Posts

‏2014-10-21T15:24:28Z  

I ran into this issue.  Changing the start position in visual studio for the form to "manual" fixed the issue for me.

Hi all,

I am able to build the application , but while running Dot Edit application with my custom panel, I am having below error message.

I don't have Datacap in my machine, copied required DLLs into my current visual studio project and  want to deploy the updated DLL later.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

System.ArgumentException was unhandled
      Message=Assembly 'C:\Users\chandra\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\CustomDotEdit\obj\Debug\DotEditPanels.dll' doesn't contain any UserControl types.
      Source=UserControlTestContainer
      StackTrace:
           at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.UserControlTestContainer.UserControlTestContainer_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
           at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
           at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
           at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
           at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
           at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
           at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
           at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
           at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
           at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
           at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
           at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
           at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
           at System.Windows.Forms.SafeNativeMethods.ShowWindow(HandleRef hWnd, Int32 nCmdShow)
           at System.Windows.Forms.Control.SetVisibleCore(Boolean value)
           at System.Windows.Forms.Form.SetVisibleCore(Boolean value)
           at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Visible(Boolean value)
           at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
           at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
           at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
           at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.UserControlTestContainer.Main(String[] args)
      InnerException:

also find attached screenshot for reference

Regards

Chandu

Attachments

• Chandu A
    Chandu A
    154 Posts

‏2014-10-27T15:08:38Z  
    • Chandu A
    • ‏2014-10-21T15:24:28Z

Hi all,

I am able to build the application , but while running Dot Edit application with my custom panel, I am having below error message.

I don't have Datacap in my machine, copied required DLLs into my current visual studio project and  want to deploy the updated DLL later.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

System.ArgumentException was unhandled
      Message=Assembly 'C:\Users\chandra\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\CustomDotEdit\obj\Debug\DotEditPanels.dll' doesn't contain any UserControl types.
      Source=UserControlTestContainer
      StackTrace:
           at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.UserControlTestContainer.UserControlTestContainer_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
           at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
           at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
           at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
           at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
           at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
           at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
           at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
           at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
           at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
           at System.Windows.Forms.SafeNativeMethods.ShowWindow(HandleRef hWnd, Int32 nCmdShow)
           at System.Windows.Forms.Control.SetVisibleCore(Boolean value)
           at System.Windows.Forms.Form.SetVisibleCore(Boolean value)
           at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Visible(Boolean value)
           at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
           at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
           at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
           at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.UserControlTestContainer.Main(String[] args)
      InnerException:

also find attached screenshot for reference

Regards

Chandu

Hi All,

I'm having attached error message while trying to create new DotEdit panel.

can any one help ?

-----------------------------------------

************* Exception Text **************
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\dotLayout.cs'.
    File name: 'C:\dotLayout.cs'
       at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
       at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath)
       at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
       at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize)
       at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path)
       at System.IO.File.OpenText(String path)
       at DotEditPanels.dotMaster.btnCreate_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\chendra_athmakur\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\DotEditPanels\dotMaster.cs:line 1427
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
        Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.296 (RTMGDR.030319-2900)
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    UserControlTestContainer
        Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Microsoft%20Visual%20Studio%2010.0/Common7/IDE/UserControlTestContainer.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
        Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1002 built by: RTMGDR
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System.Drawing
        Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1001 built by: RTMGDR
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System
        Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1001 built by: RTMGDR
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    DotEditPanels
        Assembly Version: 8.1.0.1
        Win32 Version: 8.1.0.7
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/chendra_athmakur/Documents/Visual%20Studio%202010/Projects/DotEditPanels/obj/Debug/DotEditPanels.dll
    DotEditLib
        Assembly Version: 8.1.0.0
        Win32 Version: 8.1.0.5
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Datacap/DotEdit/DotEditLib.dll
    System.Xml
        Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    Accessibility
        Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
    System.Design
        Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.237 built by: RTMGDR
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Design/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Design.dll
    System.Core
        Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
    System.Drawing.Design
        Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing.Design/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.Design.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
        <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Regards

Chandu

• Chandu A
    Chandu A
    154 Posts

‏2014-10-30T07:35:58Z  

Can you any one suggest , how to debug the Dot Edit panels using visual studio ? as I can able to debug Dot Scan as mentioned in below thread .

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/topic?id=de7da18b-b08f-4871-9573-3098fbcf84fa

Regards

Chandu