• 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-11-07T19:24:55Z by Gregory Shal
1 Post

Pinned topic How can I set feeds to be informed about product withdrawals?

‏2013-11-07T09:18:38Z |

I want to be automatically informed if one of my products is withdrawn (1) from marketing and (2) from support.

Where can I define my  list of products for which I want to be notified?

• Gregory Shal
    Gregory Shal
    60 Posts

Re: How can I set feeds to be informed about product withdrawals?

Hi Stefanie,

Here is how you would subscribe to product notifications using the Support Portal:

1) From the Support Portal home page ( pick a product you want to follow.  Just starting typing IBM Notes (or your product) in the Product lookup space.

2) At this point you are presented with a dialogue box for version of the product you want and the operating system.  Both are optional.

3) Now you are on the Support Portal product page.  At the top you should see the product you selected along with any version and operating system you chose. 

4) Look down and locate the Tools and resources portlet or section. 

5) There is an option to Subscribe to support notifications.  Click on that.

6) If you are not signed in, you will have to now.  If you don't have an IBM ID you can use the page landed on to register.

7) After signing in you should have been brought back to the product page.  Now click on Subscribe to support notifications. 

8) If you were already signed into the Support Portal Step 6 & 7 above are eliminated.

This should take of most products in IBM.  If you want to be sure to get all lifecycle information for you specific you could also create an RSS feed for SW Lifecycle updates.  Here's how you do that:

Steps 1, 2, 3, and 4 from above are all the same.

5) There is an option for Product support lifecycle.  Click on that

6) Here you can subscribe to an RSS feed for your product

7) When you click on Subscribe via RSS to Software Support Lifecycle updates you will be taken to a page where you can refine options like frequency of updates and type.

I hope this helps!

Updated on 2013-11-07T19:26:27Z at 2013-11-07T19:26:27Z by Gregory Shal