Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-05-15T19:32:15Z by Mike56
Dag Brück
Dag Brück
4 Posts

Pinned topic FocalPoint demo availability

‏2013-05-07T13:37:29Z |

I have tried all day to start a FocalPoint demo, but I either got an internal server error or the message that no demos are available. Is this really a resource problem, or is there some other reason why it doesn't work?

I have downgraded to Citrix 3.3 to avoid network delays.

• Mike56
    Mike56
    23 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: FocalPoint demo availability

‏2013-05-08T23:25:36Z  

Dag, I apologize for the problems you experienced connecting to the Focal Point trial.  The issue has been resolved, so please feel free to request another seat. 

Thanks,

Mike

• Mike56
    Mike56
    23 Posts

‏2013-05-08T23:25:36Z  

Dag, I apologize for the problems you experienced connecting to the Focal Point trial.  The issue has been resolved, so please feel free to request another seat. 

Thanks,

Mike

• Dag Brück
    Dag Brück
    4 Posts

‏2013-05-14T09:36:55Z  
    • Mike56
    • ‏2013-05-08T23:25:36Z

Thanks,

Mike

Well, not quite. I get the error message:

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

and that's where I'm stuck now. Please advise.

Dag

• Dag Brück
    Dag Brück
    4 Posts

‏2013-05-14T12:19:21Z  
    • Mike56
    • ‏2013-05-08T23:25:36Z

Thanks,

Mike

Actually, some improvement after trying a couple of times. I now get to the point where I can click on "Start the Focal Point trial", and I get a new IE window. Unfortunately, it eventually times out without any visible result.

Any help would be greatly apreciated, not to mention an old-fashioned "install from the CD" type trial.

• Dag Brück
    Dag Brück
    4 Posts

‏2013-05-14T12:24:22Z  

Actually, some improvement after trying a couple of times. I now get to the point where I can click on "Start the Focal Point trial", and I get a new IE window. Unfortunately, it eventually times out without any visible result.

Any help would be greatly apreciated, not to mention an old-fashioned "install from the CD" type trial.

A closer look tells me I need port 10080 open, which of course is uncertain at best in this corporate IT world. Still, can you advise a simple solution to make an evaluation?

Dag

• Mike56
    Mike56
    23 Posts

‏2013-05-15T19:32:15Z  

A closer look tells me I need port 10080 open, which of course is uncertain at best in this corporate IT world. Still, can you advise a simple solution to make an evaluation?

Dag

Dag, the current environment using Citrix require the 10xxx port range to be opened.  We can provide access to a Focal Point image via a web browser using port 80.  if you are interested in this, please let me know your email address so I can send you the link and login credentials.  You can email me at mcfoster@us.ibm.com

Thanks,

Mike