3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-08-27T04:44:49Z by Sakshi
Sakshi
Sakshi
23 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Restore Replica

‏2013-08-20T11:25:26Z |

hi,

My site (Site A) directly syncs with only one site say Site B.

after the VOBs were restored , i have run restorereplica for all site instead of multitool syncreplica SiteB@/vobs.

its one week and still i find the replicas are in restore mode except for Site B.

in the output of multitool lsreplica -l -invob <vob> if find as follows:

for all other sites I see : replica is expected to send recovery update.

and for the site Site B : connectivity: connected

Can i compare the epoch tables of Site A and Site B and override the lock ?

will this create any oplog divergence ? can you please guide me ?

Updated on 2013-08-20T12:45:48Z at 2013-08-20T12:45:48Z by Sakshi
  • tcassid
    tcassid
    20 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Restore Replica

‏2013-08-20T21:16:35Z  in response to Sakshi

This may be something that would be best handled through a PMR ticket with IBM Rational ClearCase Support.  Some things they might want would include the multisiteinfo.pl script output from both sites -  see the technote on it for more info. http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21125539

• Dave-Robinson
    Dave-Robinson
    116 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-08-26T01:46:24Z  in response to Sakshi

Starting from the statement "My site (Site A) directly syncs with only one site say Site B"

so that "multitool syncreplica SiteB@/vobs/..."  WOULD HAVE been valid,

and you now see in "lsreplica -long"

SiteA ... replica is recovering

SiteB ... <no annotation>

SiteC ... replica is expected to send recovery update

SiteD ... replica is expected to send recovery update

Then it is OK to complete the restorereplica with "multitool restorereplica -override", and you shall not get oplog divergence.

If you are unsure about the assumptions declared at the outset, (that is, there is SOME CHANCE that the last sync export before before restore from backup went to Site C or Site D), then

* No it is NOT possible to verify them by "compare the epoch tables of Site A and Site B"

* It IS possible to verify them by "compare the epoch tables of Site A and Site C and Site D"

and rather than try to guide you in the forum, I would echo the advice of tcassid that it would be best to get guidance "through a PMR ticket with IBM Rational ClearCase Support."

Updated on 2013-08-26T04:45:46Z at 2013-08-26T04:45:46Z by Dave-Robinson
    • Sakshi
      Sakshi
      23 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-08-27T04:44:49Z  in response to Dave-Robinson

Hi Dave,

thank you for your answer.

I have completed the restorereplica by using "multitool restorereplica -overeride" for all the VOBs which show " completed " . I compared the epoch table of Site A and Site B before completing the restoration process. There is no oplog divergence at any site.

I have raised a PMR with IBM support and completing the restoration under their guidance.

Thanks again

Sakshi