• 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2015-03-05T05:16:47Z by Hrishikesh Gilda
Hrishikesh Gilda
Hrishikesh Gilda
111 Posts

Pinned topic Updating a custom DotEdit panel from a datagrid

‏2014-10-06T15:45:06Z | custom database dotedit lookup panel to

Hi,

I am using Datacap Taskmaster 8.1.0.2. On the Verification step in DotEdit, I have fields like MemberSSN and MemberName.
It is possible that the MemberSSN field is blank while the MemberName field has a value that is captured by Datacap.
I want to create a DataGrid on the DotEdit custom panel that will pop-up on the click of a 'LookUp' button. The DataGrid will display data on the basis of the MemberName field and populate the MemberSSN and other fields.
I have been able to create the Datagrid. However, I am not able to re-enter the values generated in the datagrid back to the Custom Panel in DotEdit. This should ideally be done at the click of a radio button.

The error that is thrown up is related to the MainForm.cs file that has its code locked up.

Please check the screenshot attached. The DataGrid is opened up as a childform and it has issues returning back to the Main Custom Panel. 

Let me know if any further customization can be done around this.

Thank You.

Hrishikesh Gilda

• Hrishikesh Gilda
    Hrishikesh Gilda
    111 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Updating a custom DotEdit panel from a datagrid

‏2015-03-05T05:16:47Z  

Hi Sowmya,

The pop-up that u can see is a Windows Form (attached herewith).

I have a button - 'Look-UP' on the MAIN panel... which invokes this entire code based on a few conditions... 

for selecting the values back, I have another button on the pop-up... 

Hope it helps... let me know if you need any other details...

PS: hope you know how you can create a custom DotEdit panel using DotEditPanels.sln file that comes with the basic Datacap installation...

Attachments

• PhilipYeo
    PhilipYeo
    71 Posts

‏2014-10-30T19:00:01Z  

Where are you getting membername? Is it from the doc image itself? If it is, it seems like multiple lines of name - somewhat like a dynamic line item that you find with the APT app

• Chandu A
    Chandu A
    154 Posts

‏2014-10-31T13:50:57Z  

Hi Hrishikesh Gilda,

Can you please let me know how to debug our own custom panel? can you please help me to solve my issue..

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/topic?id=d57a1c95-9493-418b-89e8-096ff93f02ac&ps=25

Regards

Chandu.

• Tom Price
    Tom Price
    288 Posts

‏2014-10-31T15:55:43Z  

Look at the way FlexID panel operates - Passing back the DCO object. This should allow you to perform what you need.

Regards

• Hrishikesh Gilda
    Hrishikesh Gilda
    111 Posts

‏2014-11-10T08:31:32Z  

Hello everybody,

I was able to solve my query. thanks for your support.

Chandu A - Sorry fir the delay in reply. I did not understand you question.... Debugging simply means... Execute a batch in DotEdit... have a custom button that, on a click, goes back to your custom code...and attach debug points.... Is that what you mean ?
    Let me know if you need any other details... 
    Thank You.

• Sowmya Ramachandran
    Sowmya Ramachandran
    37 Posts

‏2015-03-04T05:27:55Z  

Hello Hrishikesh Gilda ,

Could you please let me know the way you create popup and also were you able to get through the issue of selecting the values back to parent form?

Thanks

Sowmya

• Hrishikesh Gilda
    Hrishikesh Gilda
    111 Posts

‏2015-03-05T05:16:47Z  

Hi Sowmya,

The pop-up that u can see is a Windows Form (attached herewith).

I have a button - 'Look-UP' on the MAIN panel... which invokes this entire code based on a few conditions... 

for selecting the values back, I have another button on the pop-up... 

Hope it helps... let me know if you need any other details...

PS: hope you know how you can create a custom DotEdit panel using DotEditPanels.sln file that comes with the basic Datacap installation...

Attachments