Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-11-03T13:38:03Z by chuck@edmonds
chuck@edmonds
chuck@edmonds
33 Posts

Pinned topic Exp-c 10.5 with Glassfish

‏2013-10-06T00:12:25Z |

I am working with JEE7 features and the only application server with the features (websockets to be specific) is Glassfish 4.

Has anybody been successful getting GF4 to create a DB2 DataSource?  I've found a number of things to do by googling but none of them accomplish the task.  I know it can happen because I have a machine at work doing it (happened by mistake) and I cannot replicate it.  All the same settings don't work on 2 other machines I have tried.

If anyone has the key to get GF to work with DB2 I'd sure like to know what it is....

Thanks.

• amelendez
    amelendez
    1 Post

Re: Exp-c 10.5 with Glassfish

‏2013-11-02T16:00:50Z  

Did you solve this problem? I 'm having trouble as it gives me this exception:

RAR5099 : Wrong class name or classpath for Datasource Object
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2DataSource

I have added the C:\Program Files\IBM\SQLLIB\BIN to the glassfish Native Library Path, but can't solve the issue. I'm suspecting the classname might be wrong, but I'm not sure.

Cheers,

Updated on 2013-11-02T16:01:21Z at 2013-11-02T16:01:21Z by amelendez
  • chuck@edmonds
    chuck@edmonds
    33 Posts

Re: Exp-c 10.5 with Glassfish

‏2013-11-03T13:38:03Z  
    • amelendez
    • ‏2013-11-02T16:00:50Z

Did you solve this problem? I 'm having trouble as it gives me this exception:

RAR5099 : Wrong class name or classpath for Datasource Object
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2DataSource

I have added the C:\Program Files\IBM\SQLLIB\BIN to the glassfish Native Library Path, but can't solve the issue. I'm suspecting the classname might be wrong, but I'm not sure.

Cheers,

I have not had any success getting Glassfish 4 to create a DataSource with any database.  From some Google searching it appears to be a longstanding issue with Glassfish that has not been addressed.  Some report getting it to work but I don't know if it is with other than the default database.

While I'm grinding my axe, it would be nice to test Websphere but the developer edition will not start the admin console so I get to square zero with it.

The only thing that I've found that I have had success getting to work is JBoss.  They have pretty good documentation and seem to welcome those of us who prefer Java clients over browsers equally with the browser crowd.