• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-10-29T00:09:57Z by OpherB
cbochner
cbochner
7 Posts

Pinned topic How to use a date range with a Cognos DImensional Cube Report

‏2013-10-28T19:23:20Z |

HI,

I have a report that runs against a Cube in Cognos.  In report studio, I have two date prompts to control the data.  What dimensional functions can I use for the following situation?

Since there are no members for Saturday in the cube, setting the from date prompt to Saturday will give an error.  What I would like to do is, check in Cognos whether the user selected a Saturday and have Cognos use Friday or Sunday.  Can this be done with dimensional reports?

Please Assist.  Thank You,

CB

• OpherB
    OpherB
    807 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How to use a date range with a Cognos DImensional Cube Report

‏2013-10-29T00:09:57Z  
    • cbochner
    • ‏2013-10-28T23:27:09Z

Thanks.  I use a previous version of cognos.  I was wondering if I can do it without javascript?

CB

You posted a variance of this question last week and now that you get the same answer again you ask if it can be done without JavaScript.

No, JavaScript is the only way to modify the functioning of a report.

Opher

• OpherB
    OpherB
    807 Posts

‏2013-10-28T23:00:40Z  

You can use the Prompt API to validate what the user entered before the report executed. You could either CHANGE the date selected or re-prompt the user with a message.

See Appendix H of the Report Studio User Guide.

Good luck,
    Opher

• cbochner
    cbochner
    7 Posts

‏2013-10-28T23:27:09Z  
    • OpherB
    • ‏2013-10-28T23:00:40Z

You can use the Prompt API to validate what the user entered before the report executed. You could either CHANGE the date selected or re-prompt the user with a message.

See Appendix H of the Report Studio User Guide.

Good luck,
    Opher

Thanks.  I use a previous version of cognos.  I was wondering if I can do it without javascript?

CB

• OpherB
    OpherB
    807 Posts

‏2013-10-29T00:09:57Z  
    • cbochner
    • ‏2013-10-28T23:27:09Z

CB

You posted a variance of this question last week and now that you get the same answer again you ask if it can be done without JavaScript.

No, JavaScript is the only way to modify the functioning of a report.

Opher