Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-08-31T11:49:33Z by 02RX_Antonio_Campos
02RX_Antonio_Campos
02RX_Antonio_Campos
2 Posts

Pinned topic Hats 8.5 how to email a file to an outlook adress

‏2013-08-19T16:30:55Z |

People, I´me new to this tool, I create a small project wich is running well, but now I have a need to send a report generated by the application to an outloock email. Is it possible, how?

Can any one post an example how to do this?

Thanks

• tmparker
    tmparker
    518 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Hats 8.5 how to email a file to an outlook adress

‏2013-08-29T19:53:00Z  

I'm not sure what you are doing exactly, whether this report is a file that is created or just a webpage showing the data in a report format.  Either way, you would need to handle this from the server side by writing either some business logic or maybe a custom servlet to send the email.  There is no other way I can think of that this can easily be accomplished.

Thanks

Tim

• tmparker
    tmparker
    518 Posts

‏2013-08-29T19:53:00Z  

I'm not sure what you are doing exactly, whether this report is a file that is created or just a webpage showing the data in a report format.  Either way, you would need to handle this from the server side by writing either some business logic or maybe a custom servlet to send the email.  There is no other way I can think of that this can easily be accomplished.

Thanks

Tim

• 02RX_Antonio_Campos
    02RX_Antonio_Campos
    2 Posts

‏2013-08-31T11:49:33Z  
    • tmparker
    • ‏2013-08-29T19:53:00Z

Thanks

Tim

Thanks Tim,

I have solve the problem by writing a scrip from the ibm i side wich sent the spool file to an email adress, the idea is to understand if there is a simple way to do this from hats web project, but seems not, and more complex solutions are not at my hand for now.

Regards

Julio Campos