IC SunsetThe developerWorks Connections platform will be sunset on December 31, 2019. On January 1, 2020, this forum will no longer be available. More details available on our FAQ.
Topic
  • 19 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2019-01-09T16:17:05Z by Zuiken
Zuiken
Zuiken
15 Posts

Pinned topic BAQL0001E: - Message Error

‏2019-01-03T15:27:12Z |

Hi,

I am just starting with this z/OS Connect EE Open Beta  world and I just finish the installation and just create 1 Server template:

• zosconnect create ZCONCICSBETA --template=zosconnect:default

and when I try to start the SERVER (BAQSTRT) I got a error:

• BAQL0001E: The server ZCONNAPIBETA did not start successfully. Check the messages.log for warnings and errors.

Can anyone have a clue of what is going on ¿? I dont find a message manual neither for this messages and when i check the logs of the /var/zosconnect/v3r0 there is nothing in the logs.

Best regards

• Alan Hollingshead
    Alan Hollingshead
    58 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: BAQL0001E: - Message Error

‏2019-01-09T11:25:18Z  
    • Zuiken
    • ‏2019-01-09T10:41:16Z

Hi Alan,

i am not allow to install the browser plugin postman.... I will try to speak with the security guys..

When you refer to the APi toolkit i guess you are talking about the zOS Explorer Api toolkit and the answer is yes but i only see this (check the attach).

best regards

Hello Tony @Zuiken,

Your zOS Explorer API toolkit image shows you have successfully connected to a z/OS Connect EE server. The folders for APIs and Services (which are seen as empty) are for use with API provider scenarios, that is, API or service requests that flow to z/OS Connect EE and on to a system of record such as CICS, IMS or DB2. I noticed in your server.xml that you have installed the API requester feature, and so these APIs and Services folders will be empty as they are not relevant for API requester scenarios.

I believe we have resolved your issues of installing, starting and connecting to z/OS Connect EE. If you have questions on different areas of the product, such as API requester, please can you raise them as a new thread on this open beta forum.

Kind regards,

Alan Hollingshead

z/OS Connect EE

• Alan Hollingshead
    Alan Hollingshead
    58 Posts

‏2019-01-03T16:48:51Z  

Hello Tony @Zuiken,

In your "create" command you have specified a server name of ZCONCICSBETA, but in your error message it shows server ZCONNAPIBETA.
    Can you confirm which server you are trying to use?

Following your "create" command, you should find a structure for your server under the <WLP_USER_DIR>/servers directory, where <WLP_USER_DIR> defaults to /var/zosconnect/

Do you have a structure for your server called ZCONCICSBETA or ZCONNAPIBETA under <WLP_USER_DIR>/servers ?
    Within the WLP_USER_DIR location for your server, for example, /var/zosconnect/servers/ZCONCICSBETA/logs you should find a messages.log file which may highlight what your error is.

Kind regards,

Alan Hollingshead

z/OS Connect EE

• Zuiken
    Zuiken
    15 Posts

‏2019-01-04T08:17:06Z  

Hello Alan,

Yes it is correct but I create 2 servers:

• ZCONCICSBETA
    • ZCONNAPIBETA

I made a misspell with the server name but in both case's is the same problem when I try to start both server's.

Regarding your questions when I submit the command to create the server it only says that was created and when I go to the default server directory "WLP_USER_DIR" it is there created:

/var/zosconnect/v3r0/servers/ZCONCICSBETA/

/var/zosconnect/v3r0/servers/ZCONNAPIBETA

And in the messages.log file there is nothing there in both cases….

/var/zosconnect/v3r0/servers/ZCONNAPIBETA/logs

Here is the STC BAQSTRT:

000042 //*                                                       

000043 // SET ZCONHOME='/Service21/usr/lpp/IBM/zosconnect/v3r0'  

000044 //*                                                        

000045 //ZCON     EXEC PGM=BPXBATSL,REGION=0M,MEMLIMIT=4G,       

000046 //         PARM='PGM &ZCONHOME./bin/zosconnect run &PARMS.'

000047 //STDOUT   DD   SYSOUT=*                                  

000048 //STDERR   DD   SYSOUT=*                                   

000049 //STDIN    DD   DUMMY                                     

000050 //STDENV   DD   *                                         

000051 _BPX_SHAREAS=YES                                          

000052 _CEE_RUNOPTS=HEAPPOOLS(ON),HEAPPOOLS64(ON)                

000053 JAVA_HOME=/usr/lpp/java/J7.1_64                           

000054 WLP_USER_DIR=/var/zosconnect/v3r0                         

000055 ÑJVM_OPTIONS=<Optional JVM parameters>                    

000056 //*                                                        

000057 // PEND                                                   

000058 //                                                        

And the detail of the "WLP_USER_DIR":

/Service21/usr/lpp/IBM/zosconnect/v3r0/bin/zconsetup

ZCN_SCRIPT="$(basename $0)"                                                   

ZCN_BIN_DIR="$(dirname $0)"                                                   

ZCN_USAGE="Usage: $ZCN_SCRIPT  < install | uninstall >"                       

ZCN_TOP="/var/zosconnect"                          Ñ We do not use WLP_USER_DIR

ZCN_VAR_EXTNS="$ZCN_TOP/v3r0/extensions"      Ñ packaging replaces verdir     

ZCN_WLP_EXTNS="$ZCN_BIN_DIR/../wlp/etc/extensions"                            

Maybe the problem is that in the ZCN_TOP="/var/zosconnect"                          çthe version is not there ¿?¿? (/v3r0)

Best regards

• Alan Hollingshead
    Alan Hollingshead
    58 Posts

‏2019-01-04T11:35:46Z  
    • Zuiken
    • ‏2019-01-04T08:17:06Z

Hello Alan,

Yes it is correct but I create 2 servers:

• ZCONCICSBETA
    • ZCONNAPIBETA

I made a misspell with the server name but in both case's is the same problem when I try to start both server's.

Regarding your questions when I submit the command to create the server it only says that was created and when I go to the default server directory "WLP_USER_DIR" it is there created:

/var/zosconnect/v3r0/servers/ZCONCICSBETA/

/var/zosconnect/v3r0/servers/ZCONNAPIBETA

And in the messages.log file there is nothing there in both cases….

Here is the STC BAQSTRT:

000042 //*                                                       

000043 // SET ZCONHOME='/Service21/usr/lpp/IBM/zosconnect/v3r0'  

000044 //*                                                        

000045 //ZCON     EXEC PGM=BPXBATSL,REGION=0M,MEMLIMIT=4G,       

000046 //         PARM='PGM &ZCONHOME./bin/zosconnect run &PARMS.'

000047 //STDOUT   DD   SYSOUT=*                                  

000048 //STDERR   DD   SYSOUT=*                                   

000049 //STDIN    DD   DUMMY                                     

000050 //STDENV   DD   *                                         

000051 _BPX_SHAREAS=YES                                          

000052 _CEE_RUNOPTS=HEAPPOOLS(ON),HEAPPOOLS64(ON)                

000053 JAVA_HOME=/usr/lpp/java/J7.1_64                           

000054 WLP_USER_DIR=/var/zosconnect/v3r0                         

000055 ÑJVM_OPTIONS=<Optional JVM parameters>                    

000056 //*                                                        

000057 // PEND                                                   

000058 //                                                        

And the detail of the "WLP_USER_DIR":

/Service21/usr/lpp/IBM/zosconnect/v3r0/bin/zconsetup

ZCN_SCRIPT="$(basename $0)"                                                   

ZCN_BIN_DIR="$(dirname $0)"                                                   

ZCN_USAGE="Usage: $ZCN_SCRIPT  < install | uninstall >"                       

ZCN_TOP="/var/zosconnect"                          Ñ We do not use WLP_USER_DIR

ZCN_VAR_EXTNS="$ZCN_TOP/v3r0/extensions"      Ñ packaging replaces verdir     

ZCN_WLP_EXTNS="$ZCN_BIN_DIR/../wlp/etc/extensions"                            

Maybe the problem is that in the ZCN_TOP="/var/zosconnect"                          çthe version is not there ¿?¿? (/v3r0)

Best regards

Hello Tony @Zuiken,

Please can you let me know:

1. the return code in the job output of the failed started task?

2. that the user ID that the started task runs under has write permission to the server's directories?

3. whether you are using RACF or a non-IBM external security manager such as ACF2 or TopSecret?

4. Your OMVS segment has been correctly defined? Further information about OMVS segments can be read in this topic in the z/OS Connect EE open beta knowledge center https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SS4SVW_beta/operating/start_stop_server.html

The zconsetup script is correct and should not be changed.

Kind regards,

Alan Hollingshead

z/OS Connect EE

Updated on 2019-01-04T12:50:09Z at 2019-01-04T12:50:09Z by Alan Hollingshead
  • Zuiken
    Zuiken
    15 Posts

‏2019-01-04T13:00:48Z  

Hello Tony @Zuiken,

Please can you let me know:

1. the return code in the job output of the failed started task?

2. that the user ID that the started task runs under has write permission to the server's directories?

3. whether you are using RACF or a non-IBM external security manager such as ACF2 or TopSecret?

4. Your OMVS segment has been correctly defined? Further information about OMVS segments can be read in this topic in the z/OS Connect EE open beta knowledge center https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SS4SVW_beta/operating/start_stop_server.html

The zconsetup script is correct and should not be changed.

Kind regards,

Alan Hollingshead

z/OS Connect EE

Hi Alan,

I found out the problem it was related to the user OMVS Home directoryfor the server (BAQSTRT) that was assigned by the RACF guys they use /u/liberty_id so i changed it to /var/zosconnect/v3r0...

So right now it is up but now i cant connect to the Server with the z/OS Explorer API Toolkit

best regards

• Alan Hollingshead
    Alan Hollingshead
    58 Posts

‏2019-01-04T13:54:13Z  
    • Zuiken
    • ‏2019-01-04T13:00:48Z

Hi Alan,

I found out the problem it was related to the user OMVS Home directoryfor the server (BAQSTRT) that was assigned by the RACF guys they use /u/liberty_id so i changed it to /var/zosconnect/v3r0...

So right now it is up but now i cant connect to the Server with the z/OS Explorer API Toolkit

best regards

Hello Tony @Zuiken,

I am pleased you have managed to get your z/OS Connect EE server up and running.

When using RACF, the user ID associated with the started task (BAQSTRT) must have the HOME attribute of the OMVS segment set to an existing directory that the user has write access to. Typically, this is set to something like /u/<user ID> . It does not have to be the WLP_USER_DIR value.

Perhaps the /u/liberty_id did not exist or have appropriate permissions set?

Kind regards,

Alan Hollingshead

z/OS Connect EE

• edwardz10
    edwardz10
    14 Posts

‏2019-01-07T08:01:53Z  
    • Zuiken
    • ‏2019-01-04T13:00:48Z

Hi Alan,

best regards

Test you can access the zCEE server from a browser

enter URL of:

http://dns:port

where dns is the domain name ( or TCPIP address ) of the zOS LPAR and port is the HTTP port the zCEE is listening on, you should get the Liberty welcome page

Then try

http://dns:port/zosConnect/apis

if you have security enabled, you will get prompt for uid/pwd, enter uid/pwd and you should get JSON returned, which will be just

{}

if you have no APIs deployed

• Zuiken
    Zuiken
    15 Posts

‏2019-01-07T16:02:11Z  
    • edwardz10
    • ‏2019-01-07T08:01:53Z

Test you can access the zCEE server from a browser

enter URL of:

http://dns:port

where dns is the domain name ( or TCPIP address ) of the zOS LPAR and port is the HTTP port the zCEE is listening on, you should get the Liberty welcome page

Then try

http://dns:port/zosConnect/apis

if you have security enabled, you will get prompt for uid/pwd, enter uid/pwd and you should get JSON returned, which will be just

{}

if you have no APIs deployed

Hi Edwardz,

thanks for your comments i try to do it but is not working please check the attach for the STC output:

I got in the STC:

Web application available (default_host): http://10.167.251.61:9080/

If i try that one doesnt work I got a ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

and if i try to use the http://ALZ3:9080 it doesnt work neither....

ALZ3 is my LPAR....

best regards

Attachments

• Alan Hollingshead
    Alan Hollingshead
    58 Posts

‏2019-01-07T17:11:16Z  
    • Zuiken
    • ‏2019-01-07T16:02:11Z

Hi Edwardz,

thanks for your comments i try to do it but is not working please check the attach for the STC output:

I got in the STC:

ALZ3 is my LPAR....

best regards

Hello Tony @Zuiken,

To resolve your connection problem we need to know what HTTP response code you are getting.

If your business allows it, you can use a utility such as a REST client app or postman to retrieve the HTTP response code.

If you then find that your HTTP response code is 302, this is because by default z/OS Connect EE only accepts secure connections.

You can temporarily disable security for incoming requests to the z/OS Connect EE server by coding in your server.xml:

<zosconnect_zosConnectManager requireAuth="false" requireSecure="false"/>

Kind regards,

Alan Hollingshead

z/OS Connect EE

• edwardz10
    edwardz10
    14 Posts

‏2019-01-07T20:55:29Z  
    • Zuiken
    • ‏2019-01-07T16:02:11Z

Hi Edwardz,

I got in the STC:

ALZ3 is my LPAR....

best regards

In the last line of the STC output is this

CWPKI0817A: The default SSL configuration expects a <keyStore> element with an id value of defaultKeyStore, and a password. The defaultKeyStore <keyStore> element is missing, or the password is not specified. If SSL is not required, this message can be ignored. If SSL is required, either define the missing element: <keyStore id="defaultKeyStore" password="yourpassword" />, or change the default SSL configuration to use an existing keystore. See the following example: <ssl id="defaultSSLConfig" keyStoreRef="newKeyStore" />.

Which means that your zCEE server does not have a SSL port

In USS on zOS you can do this cmd:

netstat | grep stcName

to see what TCPIP ports the zCEE server is listening on, it should show the HTTP and HTTPS ( SSL ) port, but given above message, it would probably only show the HTTP port, and as Alan mentioned, with default security settings, sending a HTTP request to the zCEE server will get redirected to the SSL port, which will fail if SSL port is not there.

In the server.xml need this for basic SSL

<httpEndpoint id="defaultHttpEndpoint"
                      host="*"
                      httpPort="29050"
                      httpsPort="29051" />

<sslDefault sslRef="defaultSSLSettings"/>

<ssl clientAuthentication="false" id="defaultSSLSettings" keyStoreRef="defaultKeyStore" trustStoreRef="defaultKeyStore"/>

<!-- Define a keystore. -->
    <keyStore id="defaultKeyStore" password="zosconnect"/>

<!-- Define a truststore. -->
    <keyStore id="defaultTrustStore" password="zosconnect"/>

Or as temp step, you can disable security as Alan suggested.

• Zuiken
    Zuiken
    15 Posts

‏2019-01-08T08:48:04Z  

Hi Alan/Edwardz,

the result of the command netstat is:

EZZ2587I BAQSTRT  000F0694 0.0.0.0..9080          0.0.0.0..0             Listen

EZZ2587I BAQSTRT  000F0687 127.0.0.1..62319       0.0.0.0..0             Listen

I also attach the server.xml file with the basic configuration that was created with the API request Server templante.

We use TLS only for telnet and ofc there is firewalls in the open systems.

best regards

Attachments

• Alan Hollingshead
    Alan Hollingshead
    58 Posts

‏2019-01-08T10:44:42Z  
    • Zuiken
    • ‏2019-01-08T08:48:04Z

Hi Alan/Edwardz,

the result of the command netstat is:

EZZ2587I BAQSTRT  000F0694 0.0.0.0..9080          0.0.0.0..0             Listen

EZZ2587I BAQSTRT  000F0687 127.0.0.1..62319       0.0.0.0..0             Listen

I also attach the server.xml file with the basic configuration that was created with the API request Server templante.

We use TLS only for telnet and ofc there is firewalls in the open systems.

best regards

Hello Tony @Zuiken,

I can see from your z/OS Connect EE server.xml that you have temporarily disabled security:

After recycling your z/OS Connect EE server do you still have a problem connecting to port 9080 from the API toolkit?

If so, please can you tell me what error you are now seeing?

Kind regards,

Alan Hollingshead

z/OS Connect EE

• Zuiken
    Zuiken
    15 Posts

‏2019-01-08T11:20:12Z  

Hello Tony @Zuiken,

I can see from your z/OS Connect EE server.xml that you have temporarily disabled security:

After recycling your z/OS Connect EE server do you still have a problem connecting to port 9080 from the API toolkit?

If so, please can you tell me what error you are now seeing?

Kind regards,

Alan Hollingshead

z/OS Connect EE

Hi Alan,

the file was always the same I mean the server.xml was never changed and the result is the same if i made a telnet from my PC to the LPAR:9080 i got a connection timeout so I think that maybe the problem should be the firewalls rules that don't allow remote connection to that port in that LPAR....

best regards

Updated on 2019-01-08T11:21:33Z at 2019-01-08T11:21:33Z by Zuiken
  • Zuiken
    Zuiken
    15 Posts

‏2019-01-08T12:04:33Z  

Hi again,

as expected it was a firewall port matter now i'm using another port 5555 and I can conected from the API toolkit but if i try to reach the http://ALZ3:5555/ i got a http 404 error...

{"errorMessage":"BAQR7040E: Resource / not found."}

any ideas ¿?...

best regards

• Alan Hollingshead
    Alan Hollingshead
    58 Posts

‏2019-01-08T13:29:51Z  
    • Zuiken
    • ‏2019-01-08T12:04:33Z

Hi again,

as expected it was a firewall port matter now i'm using another port 5555 and I can conected from the API toolkit but if i try to reach the http://ALZ3:5555/ i got a http 404 error...

{"errorMessage":"BAQR7040E: Resource / not found."}

any ideas ¿?...

best regards

Hello Tony @Zuiken,

The http 404 error with http://ALZ3:5555/ is correct. (It does not show the Liberty home page for z/OS Connect EE).

Please try http://ALZ3:5555/zosConnect/apis

This should return with http response code 200 and a response body of {"apis":[]}

Kind regards,

Alan Hollingshead

z/OS Connect EE

• Zuiken
    Zuiken
    15 Posts

‏2019-01-09T09:31:14Z  

Hello Tony @Zuiken,

The http 404 error with http://ALZ3:5555/ is correct. (It does not show the Liberty home page for z/OS Connect EE).

Please try http://ALZ3:5555/zosConnect/apis

This should return with http response code 200 and a response body of {"apis":[]}

Kind regards,

Alan Hollingshead

z/OS Connect EE

Hi Alan,

well the result is different on each webrowser if I use the Google Chrome I got:

{"apis":[]} but i cant see the message error code I dont know why chrome never show me any error code for http...

If i try it in Explorer try to open a file with the name:

• apis.json

If i try it with firefox i got:

HTTP Proxy Error

There has been an error in the HTTP proxy and your request couldn't be fullfilled.
    Error searching for the HTTP server IP address: unknown server name

Details: 404 Not Found

can you explain where he goes to get that unix directory ¿? to check if this directory is a valid one ¿? ...

best regards

• Alan Hollingshead
    Alan Hollingshead
    58 Posts

‏2019-01-09T10:25:53Z  
    • Zuiken
    • ‏2019-01-09T09:31:14Z

Hi Alan,

well the result is different on each webrowser if I use the Google Chrome I got:

<pre dir="ltr" style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); overflow-wrap: break-word; white-space: pre-wrap;">{"apis":[]} but i cant see the message error code I dont know why chrome never show me any error code for http... </pre>

If i try it in Explorer try to open a file with the name:

• apis.json

If i try it with firefox i got:

HTTP Proxy Error

There has been an error in the HTTP proxy and your request couldn't be fullfilled.
    Error searching for the HTTP server IP address: unknown server name

Details: 404 Not Found

can you explain where he goes to get that unix directory ¿? to check if this directory is a valid one ¿? ...

best regards

Hello Tony @Zuiken,

The result of  {"apis":[]} you are seeing in Google Chrome shows you have made a successful call to z/OS Connect EE from your browser. However, in order to see the HTTP response code, you will need to use a REST client browser plugin or standalone utility such as postman.

The fact that you are seeing variations with other browsers such as Explorer and Firefox are due to your browser configuration and not a problem with your z/OS Connect EE configuration.

Please expand on the context of your Unix directory question and what you are trying to achieve. Are you now able to connect to z/OS Connect EE from the API  toolkit?

Kind regards,

Alan Hollingshead

z/OS Connect EE

• Zuiken
    Zuiken
    15 Posts

‏2019-01-09T10:41:16Z  

Hello Tony @Zuiken,

The result of  {"apis":[]} you are seeing in Google Chrome shows you have made a successful call to z/OS Connect EE from your browser. However, in order to see the HTTP response code, you will need to use a REST client browser plugin or standalone utility such as postman.

The fact that you are seeing variations with other browsers such as Explorer and Firefox are due to your browser configuration and not a problem with your z/OS Connect EE configuration.

Please expand on the context of your Unix directory question and what you are trying to achieve. Are you now able to connect to z/OS Connect EE from the API  toolkit?

Kind regards,

Alan Hollingshead

z/OS Connect EE

Hi Alan,

i am not allow to install the browser plugin postman.... I will try to speak with the security guys..

When you refer to the APi toolkit i guess you are talking about the zOS Explorer Api toolkit and the answer is yes but i only see this (check the attach).

best regards

• Alan Hollingshead
    Alan Hollingshead
    58 Posts

‏2019-01-09T11:25:18Z  
    • Zuiken
    • ‏2019-01-09T10:41:16Z

Hi Alan,

best regards

Hello Tony @Zuiken,

Your zOS Explorer API toolkit image shows you have successfully connected to a z/OS Connect EE server. The folders for APIs and Services (which are seen as empty) are for use with API provider scenarios, that is, API or service requests that flow to z/OS Connect EE and on to a system of record such as CICS, IMS or DB2. I noticed in your server.xml that you have installed the API requester feature, and so these APIs and Services folders will be empty as they are not relevant for API requester scenarios.

I believe we have resolved your issues of installing, starting and connecting to z/OS Connect EE. If you have questions on different areas of the product, such as API requester, please can you raise them as a new thread on this open beta forum.

Kind regards,

Alan Hollingshead

z/OS Connect EE

• Zuiken
    Zuiken
    15 Posts

‏2019-01-09T16:17:05Z  

Hello Tony @Zuiken,

Kind regards,

Alan Hollingshead

z/OS Connect EE

Hi Alan,

ok i will open a new thread thx for the support.

best regards