1 reply Latest Post - ‏2013-07-05T20:46:36Z by sdenham
renarg
renarg
112 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Reconfiguration NSD Serverlist

‏2013-06-28T07:59:38Z |

Hallo All,

we had following szenario. Gpfs Cluster with 3 nodes Node A, NodeB as role NSD-Server and Node C as quorum buster  node. We wplan to update this cluster with a fourth node as a client node over nsd Server connected. The storageconfig looks like this:

mmlsdisk gpft01 -L[1@s
disk         driver   sector     failure holds    holds                                    storage
name         type       size       group metadata data  status        availability disk id pool         remarks  
------------ -------- ------ ----------- -------- ----- ------------- ------------ ------- ------------ ---------
d01DaMT001   nsd         512           1 Yes      Yes   ready         down               1 system       
d01DaMT101   nsd         512           0 Yes      Yes   ready         up                 2 system        desc
d01DaMT002   nsd         512           1 Yes      Yes   ready         down               3 system       
d01DaMT102   nsd         512           0 Yes      Yes   ready         up                 4 system        desc
d01Desc0001  nsd         512           2 No       No    ready         up                 5 system        desc
Number of quorum disks: 3
Read quorum value:      2
Write quorum value:     2

The failuregroup 1 was down because of Maintenance. We changed the available nsd's of failuregroup 0 with the NSD-Server node a and b. After that we added the node d with mmaddnode. All looks fine.

But after the end of the disk maintenance we want to establisch the same nsd server list to the nsd of FG 1. Here came the problem. The establish of the same definition was only possible if i delete the fourth node, unmount the filesysten, change the nsd serverlist and go forward with readding the node again. Are there any possibility to change the nsd-serverliist online?

Thanks Renar

• sdenham
    sdenham
    70 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Reconfiguration NSD Serverlist

‏2013-07-05T20:46:36Z  in response to renarg

No, I don't believe there is any way to change the server list for an NSD while the filesystem containing that NSD is mounted. I agree this would be a nice feature to have but I can see how it would be complex to cover all of the possible change scenarios.