• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-02-17T06:46:47Z by CiprianVintea
CiprianVintea
CiprianVintea
2 Posts

Pinned topic CM - Check for new baseline

‏2014-02-14T15:16:19Z |

Hello,

I'm using CM (IBM Rational Synergy) and I want to check (in command line mode) if a new published baseline is created from the last build. I already used latest published baseline in process rule, but I want to check if a new baseline exists before update of the project take place. This is useful to manage tasks folders before update. If anybody has an idea about this please tell me.

Thanks for any response.

Updated on 2014-02-14T15:16:53Z at 2014-02-14T15:16:53Z by CiprianVintea
  • Cynthiawang
    Cynthiawang
    13 Posts

Re: CM - Check for new baseline

‏2014-02-17T01:59:02Z  

Hi Ciprian,

Have you ever tried the -latest_baseline parameter when define the process rule?

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/synhelp/v7m2r0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.synergy.manage.doc%2Ftopics%2Fsc_t_h_modify_process_rule.html

I have not tried the function personally. However, from the description, it looks will meet your requirements.

Alternatively, you may allow users manually select baseline when updating projects with the parameter -user_selected_baseline.

Cynthia

• CiprianVintea
    CiprianVintea
    2 Posts

Re: CM - Check for new baseline

‏2014-02-17T06:46:47Z  

Hi Ciprian,

Have you ever tried the -latest_baseline parameter when define the process rule?

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/synhelp/v7m2r0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.synergy.manage.doc%2Ftopics%2Fsc_t_h_modify_process_rule.html

I have not tried the function personally. However, from the description, it looks will meet your requirements.

Alternatively, you may allow users manually select baseline when updating projects with the parameter -user_selected_baseline.

Cynthia

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

With -latest baseline parameter it selects latest baseline. I want only to check if a new baseline is available. I need this for automation of reconfigure and build steps with Jenkins, so the -user_selected_baseline doesn't apply in my case.