1 reply Latest Post - ‏2013-04-18T13:59:51Z by llandale
steve_66
steve_66
1 Post
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Export to Word, including Object ID for requirements

‏2013-04-18T06:55:10Z |

G'day,

First post so apologies if in the wrong area, etc.

Basically, i want to modify the standard Word Export to include the Object ID for requirements only. Eg:

System Function XXXX -------------<this would have an attribute of Heading, so no object id>

The purpose of this function is to XXXXX -------------<this would have an attribute of Information, so no object id>

[Req-1234] The system shall....... -------------<this would have an attribute of Requirement, so object id would be printed>

[Req-1235] The system shall....... -------------<this would have an attribute of Requirement, so object id would be printed>

My guess is that i want to take the standard word export DXL script and modify somehow to prefix the object ID if the associated "Type" attribute is a "Requirement"

we had this at the last company i worked for as a "user function" and i am trying to set up the same thing here. unfortunately my DXL knowledge is almost non-existent, but I am taking the opportunity to learn

Appreciate any help that might be offered

Thanks

steve

• llandale
    llandale
    2809 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Export to Word, including Object ID for requirements

‏2013-04-18T13:59:51Z  in response to steve_66

For v9306, in file "word.dxl" I see function "wordDumpBodyVBA" starting at line #1387.  I think you want to insert lines above #1402:

• if (o is a requirement, whatever that means for you)        // EDIT: "if" statement added after original posting
    • {  textBuffer = "["
    •    textBuffer += identifier(o)
    •    textBuffer += "] "
    • }
    • textBuffer = richTextWithOleNoCache o.ALongText   // <-- existing line #1402

-Louie

Updated on 2013-04-18T15:01:52Z at 2013-04-18T15:01:52Z by llandale