• Latest Post - ‏2014-01-09T23:01:02Z by DonaldN
Pravinjayaram
Pravinjayaram
29 Posts

Pinned topic Error while publishing in CQ

‏2014-01-08T12:24:10Z |

Hi,

I am receiving the following error while publishing in CQ Design

There is an reference to an object that does not exist.

Object Type : Hook

Object : 16835033

I am using DB2 database. And i have checked in the hookdef table and i can find the hook in the table. And it is specified as a field hook type in hook def table. But am unable to find any field associated with in the fieldef table. If its a SQL database, i can write a SP to retrieve all table containing value as 16835033. But i am not aware of SPs in DB2 database.

Please help me out to resolve the issue.!

Thanks.

• pdubovitsky
    pdubovitsky
    376 Posts

Re: Error while publishing in CQ

‏2014-01-08T15:56:15Z  

What did you mean by "error while publishing in CQ Design"?
    Did you mean upgrading test database?

Pavel

• DonaldN
    DonaldN
    255 Posts

‏2014-01-08T23:00:18Z  

If you have already looked so deep into the database, you should be aware that the records in table "hookdef" (or "m_hookdef" since you were in ClearQuest Designer) are associated with particular schema versions. So even the said record is in the table, it does not mean the hook is available in the schema version that you are using.

I think you are not in production, so the easiest and safest way is to roll back to a schema version that is working and start from there.

Any direct modification in the backend database may render it unsupported by IBM. If you want to go down that path, contact IBM Support first.

• Pravinjayaram
    Pravinjayaram
    29 Posts

‏2014-01-09T04:04:29Z  

What did you mean by "error while publishing in CQ Design"?
    Did you mean upgrading test database?

Pavel

Yes Pavel, The issue happens while upgrading the database.

• Pravinjayaram
    Pravinjayaram
    29 Posts

‏2014-01-09T04:48:01Z  
    • DonaldN
    • ‏2014-01-08T23:00:18Z

If you have already looked so deep into the database, you should be aware that the records in table "hookdef" (or "m_hookdef" since you were in ClearQuest Designer) are associated with particular schema versions. So even the said record is in the table, it does not mean the hook is available in the schema version that you are using.

I think you are not in production, so the easiest and safest way is to roll back to a schema version that is working and start from there.

Any direct modification in the backend database may render it unsupported by IBM. If you want to go down that path, contact IBM Support first.

Donald,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, i am not in production. I am in test database. I had already rolled back once and it was working properly. But again same error came after adding an default value hook for a field. I am not sure why it causes the issue. Now i am again tyring to revert the database.

Thanks.....

• pdubovitsky
    pdubovitsky
    376 Posts

‏2014-01-09T12:57:09Z  

Donald,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, i am not in production. I am in test database. I had already rolled back once and it was working properly. But again same error came after adding an default value hook for a field. I am not sure why it causes the issue. Now i am again tyring to revert the database.

Thanks.....

If you did not back up the database, you should delete corrupted and create a new test database.

Pavel

• DonaldN
    DonaldN
    255 Posts

‏2014-01-09T23:01:02Z  

Donald,

Thanks.....

If you keep getting the same problem, the issue may be in the seemingly working versions. If it is true, you will need to contact IBM Support to get some debugging going.