IC SunsetThe developerWorks Connections platform will be sunset on December 31, 2019. On January 1, 2020, this forum will no longer be available. More details available on our FAQ.
Topic
  • 8 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2016-08-16T12:36:00Z by BartJBakker
phunk
phunk
6 Posts

Pinned topic MDM AE 11.4 Installation

‏2015-06-01T01:10:27Z | mdm-migration

Hi,

I am trying on install MDM AE on Windows 7 (without SP 1)  6 GB RAM. The installation using the default installation fails to start the MDM eba. I don't see any particular error the logs or ffdc files except a generic error

ContainerHelp E   WSVR0501E: Error creating component com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.CompositionUnitMgrImpl@3a20a539.

I tried doing a manual install of the BLA where in

1.uninstalled the BLA and removed the assets from the WAS console.

2.Restarted the app server

3.Added the Assets: Shared library and the MDM Eba from the "Installable apps" folder of the MDM installation folder.

On my first attempt i check the ffdc logs and the exception log had an error

Caused by: org.apache.aries.application.management.spi.repository.ContextException: Unable to find bundle com.ibm.mdm.server.extrules.em/11.4.0.FP00IF000_20140924-0832

I've attached the log as Attempt1_*

The 2nd time i tried to do the same step I get another error and the exception trace has an 

Caused by: org.apache.aries.application.management.spi.repository.ContextException: Unable to find bundle com.ibm.mdm.server.serverprofile/11.4.0.FP00IF000_20140924-0832

I am not sure if i am able to locate the mentioned bundled in any of the deployed internal bundles of the app.

I've attached the logs. Please let me know if there is a way to resolve this error

Thanks

Vishu

• KaranBal
    KaranBal
    227 Posts

Re: MDM AE 11.4 Installation

‏2015-06-02T03:02:38Z  

Run the IVT tests first. If they fail, your install is bad. If they succeed, then troubleshooting the SystemOut.log would be a good option.

• phunk
    phunk
    6 Posts

‏2015-06-02T04:25:29Z  
    • KaranBal
    • ‏2015-06-02T03:02:38Z

Run the IVT tests first. If they fail, your install is bad. If they succeed, then troubleshooting the SystemOut.log would be a good option.

Hi,

i tried doing that manually. But it wouldn't work. The 2nd assest on the EBLA i.e the MDM EBA is not started as seen on the Webshere server console.

There are no other logs either in the installation manager /native folder nor the MDM installation /logs folder

Thanks

• KaranBal
    KaranBal
    227 Posts

‏2015-06-02T19:23:53Z  
    • phunk
    • ‏2015-06-02T04:25:29Z

Hi,

i tried doing that manually. But it wouldn't work. The 2nd assest on the EBLA i.e the MDM EBA is not started as seen on the Webshere server console.

There are no other logs either in the installation manager /native folder nor the MDM installation /logs folder

Thanks

So the install clearly didn't go right. The place would be the Installation manager logs during installation as they would contain the most useful information. You could also look at SystemOut.log. But a faster approach may be to do a re-install and monitor the IM logs. Under no practical case should the install fail without anything being logged there. Open a PMR if you think or notice it does.

• RaviKa
    RaviKa
    4 Posts

‏2015-10-13T07:10:31Z  

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue..I have installed many times... issue remains the same

an you please provide resolution if this is issue is resolved?

Thanks in advance,

• KaranBal
    KaranBal
    227 Posts

‏2015-10-13T16:05:34Z  
    • RaviKa
    • ‏2015-10-13T07:10:31Z

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue..I have installed many times... issue remains the same

an you please provide resolution if this is issue is resolved?

Thanks in advance,

They are subjective errors.

For install, look at Installation manager logs. For errors in WebSphere, troubleshoot SystemOut.log, and you can look at IVT for general MDM set-up.

• NeerajJain
    NeerajJain
    3 Posts

‏2016-08-15T05:05:09Z  
    • KaranBal
    • ‏2015-10-13T16:05:34Z

They are subjective errors.

For install, look at Installation manager logs. For errors in WebSphere, troubleshoot SystemOut.log, and you can look at IVT for general MDM set-up.

Did anyone get through this error? I am also facing the same error while installing 11.5.

• KaranBal
    KaranBal
    227 Posts

‏2016-08-16T00:01:03Z  

It's a generic WebSphere error, can have dozens of potential causes.  Just plow through the logs (installation logs for fix, WebSphere logs for workaround) and work through them.

• BartJBakker
    BartJBakker
    11 Posts

‏2016-08-16T12:36:00Z  

Hi,

Please check the following whitepaper for MDM troubleshooting tips:

Troubleshooting InfoSphere MDM Installations

Regards,

Bart