Topic
  • No replies
dcadler
dcadler
1 Post

Pinned topic Database locale information mismatch using ifxoledbc provider

‏2014-05-06T21:33:33Z |

I have installed Informix v11.70 on my Windows 7 x64 development computer and I am working on some oledb .NET code to connect to the Informix database so I can pull off a contacts list.

I installed the developer version of Informix 11.70 (x86 version) on my Windows 7 x64 dev computer. 

Using the OpenAdmin tool, I created a new database called ifxDB1

I then created a Contacts table and populated it with Contacts data.

I made sure that the ifxoldec.dll file was registered on the Windows 7 dev computer.

In my VB.NET code, I set up an oleDBConnection object as

Dim conn As New OleDbConnection(connString)

...passing it the following connection string;

Provider=Ifxoledbc;

Data Source=Test@ifxDB1;

User ID=xxxx;

Password=xxxx;

Persist Security Info=True;

Client_Locale=en_US.CP1252;

DB_Locale=en_US.CP1252;

decasr8=R8

When I try to make a connection to the server, I get the "Error -23197 Database locale information mismatch"

When I created the "Test" database in the  rootdbs Dbspaceof the ifxDB1 server instance, I set the db locale to "en_US.CP1252. When I look at the database using the OpenAdmin tool -->Schema Manager, in the Information and Task Status box, it displays Locale as being set to "en_US.1252", not "en_US.CP1252"

If I look at the Information and Task Status box for each of the 4 existing system databases, (sysadmin, sysmaster, sysuser and sysutils), the Locale field is set to "en_US.819"

According to what I have read so far, the DB_Server value in the connection string needs to be set to the locale of the database, in my case, en_US.CP1252.‹ I also set the DB_Server environment variable on the Windows 7 workstation to en_US.CP1252.

I am getting the Database locale information mismatch error when I try to open the connection. 

The .NET application is running on the Windows 7 dev computer, along with the Informix 11.70

Any ideas? i am at a standstill.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Dave