Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-02-20T14:58:13Z by smithha
tells
tells
12 Posts

Pinned topic Which IADB table that stores rule name to ID?

‏2014-02-20T03:08:32Z |

I am investigating creating some reports directly from the IADB in IA 8.5.  I found all the tables that contain the rule outputs, but each table has a cryptic name that looks to be a unique id. 

For example:

ec1481df.f92d8a7c.eetk8iiop.e6ebibo.49h24o.huepa8eommfptoo9k2l1h_violations

ec1481df.f92d8a7c.eetk8iiop.e6ebibo.49h24o.huepa8eommfptoo9k2l1h_data

I am assuming that there is a table the links these ids to rule names, projects, rule execution times, etc.  I have access to the XMETAGRD database that is setup on the Analysis Database tab from the project properties.  Maybe the information I am looking for is stored in a different database that is at the system level.  Within our environment our infrastructure team has given each project their own Analysis Database.

Please let me know if you know where the ids are stored to link these execution output tables rule names, projects, and execution times.

Thanks

• smithha
    smithha
    162 Posts

Re: Which IADB table that stores rule name to ID?

‏2014-02-20T14:58:13Z  

All the information about the rules and rule executions are stored in the XMETA database (may be XMETAGRD in your environment depending on how DBA configured it).  It is a fully modeled db, so it ends up being a bit of a chain to pull it all together.  The API's are intended to provide all the linkages without requiring you to do so yourself.

However, if you want to work through the links, here's the basics of what you need:

All of the Information Analyzer tables are part of INVESTIGATE model, so are prefixed with INVESTIGATE_XMETAGEN
    Tables are suffixed with unique identifier for the specific installation

•Links between tables are via Resource ID's (RID)

XMETA.INVESTIGATE_XMETAGEN_EXECUTIONHISTORY…  <-- execution history table for rules, rule sets, profiling

Look for columns:

• HasExecutionResult:  the RID pointing to the result table in IADB
    • OfQualityComponent:  the RID pointing to the quality component being executed (will be either data rule or rule set)

XMETA.INVESTIGATE_XMETAGEN_RULEEXECUTIONRESULT…  <-- rule execution results table which has stats for the execution

XMETA.INVESTIGATE_XMETAGEN_RULESETEXECUTIONRESULT…  <-- rule set execution results table which has stats for the execution

Look for columns:

• FromExecutionHistory:  the RID pointing to the execution history table
    • OfQualityComponent:  the RID pointing to the quality component being executed (will be either data rule or rule set)

XMETA.INVESTIGATE_XMETAGEN_RULEEXCUTABLECOMPONENT…  <-- details of the executable data rule (e.g. the rule that is executed)

Look for columns:

• FromRuleComponent:  the RID pointing to the rule definition
    • Name:  the name of the executable rule

XMETA.INVESTIGATE_XMETAGEN_RULECOMPONENT…  <-- details of the data rule definition (e.g. the rule logic)

Look for columns:

• Name:  the name of the rule definition

If you want to talk through more details on this, probably easiest to email me direct.

Harald