IC SunsetThe developerWorks Connections platform will be sunset on December 31, 2019. On January 1, 2020, this community and its apps will no longer be available. More details available on our FAQ.
Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2019-02-06T08:04:26Z by hyaha
hyaha
hyaha
2 Posts

Pinned topic OmniFind for IBM i requires QCCSID other than 65535

‏2019-01-17T10:00:46Z | ccsid db2i omnifind

(Moved from IBM support site as it seems like nobody there...)

Does anyone actually use OmniFind for IBM i with QCCSID 65535?

IBM support states that OmniFind does not support QCCSID 65535 (shipped value) though I could not find any IBM document which mentions to this limitation.

• CGRIERE
    CGRIERE
    41 Posts

Re: OmniFind for IBM i requires QCCSID other than 65535

‏2019-02-05T14:07:43Z  

Hi,

# 1 It is possible that jobs of OmniFind server or jobs that use OmniFind via SQL Omnifind functions (CONTAINS, SCORE) need a CCSID different of 65535 but from my point of view that does not imply that the system value QCCSID need to be set to a value different of 65535.

#2 In the documentation of OmniFind for i there is no reference to QCCSID word.

#3 My system has QCCSID=1147 (French with €) and all the jobs of OmniFind for i (user QDBTS) have a CCSID 37 (US). I made no changes to these jobs.

Hope this help

Christian GRIERE

• hyaha
    hyaha
    2 Posts

Re: OmniFind for IBM i requires QCCSID other than 65535

‏2019-02-06T08:04:26Z  
    • CGRIERE
    • ‏2019-02-05T14:07:43Z

Hi,

# 1 It is possible that jobs of OmniFind server or jobs that use OmniFind via SQL Omnifind functions (CONTAINS, SCORE) need a CCSID different of 65535 but from my point of view that does not imply that the system value QCCSID need to be set to a value different of 65535.

#2 In the documentation of OmniFind for i there is no reference to QCCSID word.

#3 My system has QCCSID=1147 (French with €) and all the jobs of OmniFind for i (user QDBTS) have a CCSID 37 (US). I made no changes to these jobs.

Hope this help

Christian GRIERE

Hello,

Thank you very much for your reply!

I understand that OmniFind should work fine when QCCSID has been set properly (not 65535) without any hustle.

And I totally agree to #1 and don't know why IBM does not support such environment based on undocumented restriction...

If anybody using OmniFind with QCCSID 65535, please share your experience.

I would appreciate your cooperation in this matter.

hyaha@Japan