Hello, we have problem to get runzpdt/awsstart to work.. seems licensing problems from what we can tell.
We have the following scenario:
1 Linux desktop with a USB dongle with 3 licenses.
1 Linux Laptop that connects to the above mentioned Desktop to try to get its license, but will not work.
The error we get when running runzpdt is:
Load parm: CS, Devmap: myDeviceMap, Port: 3270
stopping previous instance
AWSSTP012I Shutdown accepted
x3270: no process found
awsstart myDeviceMap --clean
IBM System z Personal Development Tool (zPDT)
Licensed Materials - Property of IBM
(C) Copyright IBM Corp. 2007,2013 All Rights Reserved.
z1091, version 1-4.45.26.01, build date - 05/24/13 for Linux on SuSE 64bit
AWSSTA014I Map file name specified: myDeviceMap
AWSSTA090I All zPDT log files purged as requested
AWSSTA204I zPDT started in directory '/home/ibmsys1/z'.
AWSSTA146I Starting independent 1090 instance 'ibmsys1'
AWSEMI315E zPDTA License Unavailable for CPU 0
AWSEMI005I Waiting for 1090 license
OSA code level = 0x4301
AWSDSA010I AWSOSA is ready for chpid: 0xA0 device: 0x400
AWSDSA010I AWSOSA is ready for chpid: 0xA0 device: 0x401
AWSDSA010I AWSOSA is ready for chpid: 0xA0 device: 0x402
AWSDCK006W File name missing on device 0AB3
AWSDCK006W File name missing on device 0AB4
AWSDCK006W File name missing on device 0AB5
AWSSTA059I System initialization complete
AWSSTA012I All configured subsystems started
No completed startup message was found.
*** runzpdt terminated with errors. ***
UIMCHECK, and INSTCHECK:
Checking zPDT prerequisites ....
For more information about this script, issue : z1090instcheck -?
1. SUSE os level at 13.1 which is
greater the minimum level OK
2. SUSE kernel.shmmax of 18000000000 is greater than min. *NOTE*
shmmax should be greater than 1.1 times the sum
of z memory (as specified in your devmap) for
ALL your 1090 instances.
3. SUSE (kernel.shmall * PAGE_SIZE) is 4722366482869644165120
which is greater/equal to kernel.shmmax which is OK
4. SUSE kernel.msgmni is 512 which is OK
5. SUSE kernel.msgmax is 65536 which is OK
6. SUSE kernel.msgmnb is 65536 which is OK
7. SUSE net.core.rmem_default is 1048576 which is OK
8. SUSE net.core.rmem_max is 1048576 which is OK
9. SUSE kernel.core_uses_pid is 1 which is OK
10. SUSE kernel.core_pattern is core-%e-%p-%t which is OK
11. SUSE ulimit -c is set to unlimited OK
12. SUSE ulimit -d is set to unlimited OK
13. SUSE rpm libstdc++6-32bit-(x86_64) is installed OK
14. SUSE sntl-sud-7.5.2-0.i386 rpm is greater than required OK
15. SUSE zpdt-shk-server-126.96.36.199-0.i586 rpm is equal to required level OK
16. SUSE dmidecode-2.12-3.1.2.x86_64 rpm is greater than required OK
17. SUSE rpm beagle is not installed which is OK
18. SUSE rpm zmd is not installed which is OK
Running uimcheck ...
The UIM client is configured in remote mode.
INFO UIMCHECK serial number entry not yet added to local data base.
Local Host Name....... linux-eg5c.site
Local machine UUID.... X-Y-Z-Å-Ä (Note I changed the UUID for security reasons in this post, not sure if it matters though..)
Remote server......... 10.221.194.142
Remote server port.... 9451
The remote QUERY command executed successfully.
The UUID for this machine does not exist in the remote servers data base.
Local UUID for this machine is X-Y-Z-Å-Ä
There are no firewalls between the 2 machines, and we have seen with netstat on the servermachine (desktop) that whenever we run ./runzpdt on the client machine (Laptop) that it connects on port 9450.. so it does something atleast.
In another post here, it was suggested to try with a clean Devicemap file, so tested a also a Devicemap with only basic values,but we got the same error
We wonder if any of you have come across similar scenario, and would be grateful for any thoughts on what to try next, (if RTFM, then if it could be pointed out what FM and where in it please)?