Enter your questions here regarding the Worklight platform
Updated on 2013-03-20T00:38:28Z at 2013-03-20T00:38:28Z by daryl_pereira
  • RockyTruong
    RockyTruong
    1 Post

Re: Enter your questions here regarding the Worklight platform

‏2013-03-12T18:23:17Z  
    Hi guys,
    My sponsor suggested to use JSON (RESTful) for the project. Also, I posted a new Mockup GUI of the mobile app is going to be. According to the the sponsor, JSON will come in handful for display their event schedules on an E-Grid web. Do you think I am able to use Worklight Project running with JQuery Mobile Installation to Get the e_Grid schedule events to the app?
  • eabe
    eabe
    1 Post

‏2013-03-16T17:37:00Z  
    Hi guys,
    My sponsor suggested to use JSON (RESTful) for the project. Also, I posted a new Mockup GUI of the mobile app is going to be. According to the the sponsor, JSON will come in handful for display their event schedules on an E-Grid web. Do you think I am able to use Worklight Project running with JQuery Mobile Installation to Get the e_Grid schedule events to the app?
     Hello there,

I apologize for the late reply, it's been a very intense week. I'm finally breathing. 
    I am not exactly sure what you mean by E-Grid web, but you can definitely use Worklight with JQuery Mobile and perform direct access to REST services. If the REST services are already available, then indeed the simplest approach should be to access these services directly from the mobile app and JQuery provides its own support for asynchronous REST service access.

You can still use Worklight IDE in this case, and your benefits will be the following: 
    - Development environment with support for JQuery Mobile 
    - Browser based simulator that allows you to preview your app without the need to deploy to a real device
    - Package your app to be installed on an Android device (need to install the Android development kit) 
    - Package your app to be installed on an iOS device (need to install the iOS development kit on a Mac) 

I hope this helps. I am reviewing your mockup and I'll provide my comments soon.  
  • daryl_pereira
    daryl_pereira
    4 Posts

‏2013-03-20T00:38:28Z  
    Hi guys,
    There is some information related to using Worklight with jQuery in this video.