Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-05-17T04:58:47Z by YinMeiChen
allanhe2006
allanhe2006
3 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Properties view does not display all relationships of a table

‏2013-05-01T16:07:33Z |

Steps to reproduce the problem

1. Connect to a database in Data Studio

2. Click on Tables in the Administration Explorer

3. The right pane will shows a list of tables, click on a table (make sure the table has RI relationships with multiple tables)

4. On the properties view, click the Relationships tab

The Relationships tab should display ALL the tables that has RI with the currently selected table. In fact, it only display some of the tables. This problem exists for both Data Studio 3.1 and 3.2.

In addition, I found a work around, you have to click on the Constraints on Administration Explorer, and then scroll to the bottom on the constraint list of the right pane. Then, when you go back to the previously selected table, it will display all the  RI under Relationships tab.

• YinMeiChen
    YinMeiChen
    7 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

回复:Properties view does not display all relationships of a table

‏2013-05-02T03:09:36Z  in response to allanhe2006

Hi,

I am not sure if I understand the issue correctly, but I find it shows the relationship for table in both DS32 and DS41.(pls refer to attachments)

The steps I did:

1. Create a DB(v10.5) connection

2. Create two tables with RI relationship

CREATE TABLE DB2INST4.TABLE5_P("Column1" INTEGER NOT NULL, "Column2" CHAR(5), PRIMARY KEY("Column1")) OGRANIZE BY ROW;

CREATE TABLE DB2INST4.TABLE6_C("Column1" INTEGER, "Column2" CHAR(5), "Column3" INTEGER NOT NULL) ORGANIZE BY ROW;

ALTER TABLE DB2INST4.TABLE6C ADD CONSTRAINT TABLE6C_TABLE5P_FK FOREIGN KEY("Column1") REFERENCES DB2INST4.TABLE5_P("Column1")

3. View TABLE6_C's properties view, in Relationship tab, you can see a record identifying its foreign key(pls refer to RelationshipAgainstChildTable.png)

4. View TABLE5_P's properties view, in Relationship tab, you can see a record identifying this table has some relationship with TABLE6_C(pls refer to RelationshipAgainstParentTable.png)

But there may be a minor issue, if you first view Table5_P's properties view, in its Relationship tab, it is blank, and no record is there, then you view Table6_C's properties view, in its Relationship tab, you can see the record, next you switch to Table5_P's properties view again, in its Relationship tab, you can see the record now, I will record this issue for tracking to fix it.

Please feel free to let me know more details to better understand the issue if needs.

Thanks!

• allanhe2006
      allanhe2006
      3 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: 回复:Properties view does not display all relationships of a table

‏2013-05-10T18:57:36Z  in response to YinMeiChen

"

But there may be a minor issue, if you first view Table5_P's properties view, in its Relationship tab, it is blank, and no record is there, then you view Table6_C's properties view, in its Relationship tab, you can see the record, next you switch to Table5_P's properties view again, in its Relationship tab, you can see the record now, I will record this issue for tracking to fix it.

"

That is exactly the issue I am talking about. The relationships tab only displays the parent tables of the selected table initially. Only after its child tables are accessed somehow, then the child table information will be shown in the relationships tab. This behaviour is really confusing.

• YinMeiChen
        YinMeiChen
        7 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-14T03:13:53Z  in response to allanhe2006

I have already opened a defect regarding this issue in DS41, and dev is fixing it, will verify and update the status once it is resolved.

Thanks!

• YinMeiChen
          YinMeiChen
          7 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-17T04:58:47Z  in response to YinMeiChen

The issue is fixed in DS410516 build.

Thanks for bringing it out!