1 reply Latest Post - ‏2013-11-13T13:05:07Z by c_binding
c_binding
c_binding
12 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Installing OAT on UBUNTU 12.04.3 LTS

‏2013-11-13T10:00:47Z |

Greetings!

I'm trying to get OAT to work on an Ubuntu box 12.04.3 LTS. Foolishly I had hoped that the packaged software in the informix distribution would work out of the box.

it doesn't. the Apache/PHP world shipped with the SW fails on the missing SSv2_method and I haven't found a cure for that one.

Exploring the alternative, namely to do a clean install of Apache2/PHP5 also fails, simply because dso_install.so (on UNIX, my dear IBMers dynamically linked libs are not using extension *.dll as written down in the installation guides...) is not up-to-date. Makes some sense, but puts me in front of the alternative to either build dso_install.so myself on my Ubuntu box or to find the matching dso_install.so.

The error message from "php -m" is:

PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: pdo_informix: Unable to initialize module
Module compiled with module API=20100525
PHP    compiled with module API=20090626
These options need to match
 in Unknown on line 0

I spare all the details of figuring out things on Ubuntu with regards to PHP5 and Apache2 - which is nowhere similar to what IBM writes up in

https://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/iwm/web/reg/download.do?source=swg-informixfpd&lang=en_US&S_PKG=dl&cp=UTF-8/html/README.html

any advice how I can get this stuff to run without having to recompile loads of stuff? after all, we're in the year 2013 and getting used to simple installs (thanks MSFT, GOOGLE, Apple)

• c_binding
    c_binding
    12 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Installing OAT on UBUNTU 12.04.3 LTS

‏2013-11-13T13:05:07Z  in response to c_binding

after recompiling pdo_informix.so and installing it, things came up but eventually we got core dumps from apache on /var/www/oat/index.php. (after going through the install...)

hence we decided to recompile openssl, including the dangerous SSLv2 support. see http://www.hackwhackandsmack.com/?p=46 for the cook-book.

with the new openssl lib the Informix 12.10 OAT distribution now seems to work.

it's been a ride.