Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-06-24T17:45:32Z by gurdaneta
smart_dev
smart_dev
56 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic wsobjectgrid.jar location for 8.6

‏2013-04-22T19:22:09Z |

Hi,

Can anyone help me finding wsobjectgrid.jar on WXS8.6? I am using stand-alone version of WXS.

Thanks.

• lisaw
    lisaw
    101 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: wsobjectgrid.jar location for 8.6

‏2013-04-23T15:10:31Z  in response to smart_dev

wsobjectgrid.jar integrates within WebSphere Application Server, so you need it installed and an WXS augmented profile to use it's functionality, so it is not in the lib directory when installing standalone.  You would have to install eXtreme Scale for WebSphere Application Server to get it.

You can run wsogclient.jar without installing eXtreme Scale on WebSphere and you are not required to augment the profile, meaning, you could just add wsogclient.jar to your client application EAR.  That is why wsogclient.jar is available in the standalone install.

A good question would be why do you think you need wsobjectgrid.jar vs wsogclient.jar vs objectgrid.jar based on what you are trying to accomplish, let us know if we can help!  Hopefully this explains why wsobjectgrid.jar isn't available in standalone.

• smart_dev
      smart_dev
      56 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-24T11:10:38Z  in response to lisaw

Thanks Lisa for the clarification. This raises one more question in my mind. If I have a J2ee application which is hosted on WAS and talks to the grid, does the WXS client need to install and augmented to WAS profile to make it work? Can I use wsogclient.jar only to make a successfully connection to the grid?

Appreciate your reply.

• lisaw
        lisaw
        101 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-24T14:06:39Z  in response to smart_dev

Yes, if you have a J2EE application, you can deploy that in WAS with your wsogclient.jar in the application, WEB-INF/lib/wsogclient.jar for example. 

There is no need to augment the WAS profile since the jar is in your application.  By using wsogclient.jar in the app, you can then make a connection to your grid that you started up in your standalone install.

If you didn't want to have the wsogclient.jar embedded in your application, you could just install eXtreme Scale on top of WAS and augment your profile, then the libraries would be available to you in the WAS_INSTALL/lib directory.

Hope that helps!

• smart_dev
          smart_dev
          56 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-24T18:16:11Z  in response to lisaw

Thanks Lisa. That's made things pretty clear to me.

• This reply was deleted by gurdaneta 2013-06-24T17:46:02Z.