• 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-08-01T03:45:01Z by kolban
ArunL
ArunL
23 Posts

Pinned topic Expose coaches to portal

‏2013-07-19T19:43:20Z |

Hello,

I am using IBM BPM advanced version 8.5. I need to know how can I expose the coaches developed to a portal. I know using REST API's I can perform operation related to work item, the portal can make use of these API's for the purpose. However, I will also need to expose the coaches developed in IBM BPM to the same portal.

Please help me on this.

Regards,

Arun Lakhotia

• kolban
    kolban
    3316 Posts

Re: Expose coaches to portal

‏2013-07-20T01:13:28Z  

Hi Arun,

I studied this area and wrote up some notes that can be found on page 214 of the PDF downloadable here:

http://www.neilkolban.com/IBM/

See if that helps and if not, post back and we can delve deeper.

Neil

• ArunL
    ArunL
    23 Posts

‏2013-07-24T20:49:40Z  
    • kolban
    • ‏2013-07-20T01:13:28Z

Hi Arun,

I studied this area and wrote up some notes that can be found on page 214 of the PDF downloadable here:

http://www.neilkolban.com/IBM/

See if that helps and if not, post back and we can delve deeper.

Neil

Hi Neil,

Thanks Neil for the wonderful document. I feel why till now I did not have it:)

We are planning to have our process portal being accessed from mobile devices and are looking at the best possible option on having it. Can we have a good resposnive UI through coaches itself or we need to look at having the UI developed externally and communicate through rest APIs.

Regards,

Arun Lakhotia

• AndrewPaier
    AndrewPaier
    736 Posts

‏2013-08-01T01:52:41Z  
    • ArunL
    • ‏2013-07-24T20:49:40Z

Hi Neil,

We are planning to have our process portal being accessed from mobile devices and are looking at the best possible option on having it. Can we have a good resposnive UI through coaches itself or we need to look at having the UI developed externally and communicate through rest APIs.

Regards,

Arun Lakhotia

For responsive UI delivered using Coach Views, you should look at the Brazos toolkit from our company - BP-3 Brazos.  A beta of Version 2.0 should be out later this week.

Andrew Paier  |  Director  |  BP3 Global, Inc.
    BP3 Global's Website  |  Twitter  |  Linkedin  |  Google+  |  Blogs

• kolban
    kolban
    3316 Posts

‏2013-08-01T03:45:01Z  
    • ArunL
    • ‏2013-07-24T20:49:40Z

Hi Neil,

Regards,

Arun Lakhotia

In v8.5 of the product, a copy of IBM Worklight is also provided for development purposes.  In addition, a series of mobile UI samples have been built by IBM and distributed here:

http://bpmwiki.blueworkslive.com/display/samples/Worklight+Sample+with+Mobile+Coach+Views+for+BPM+8.5

This is IBM's recommended approach for building Mobile oriented BPM solutions.

Neil