Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-05-15T17:04:30Z by jprof
jprof
jprof
14 Posts

Pinned topic Table filter affects index filter

‏2014-03-21T00:32:55Z |

Not sure if this is already fixed in a later version, but I've got Data Studio 4.1.0.0, connecting to a DB2 LUW 10.5 FP3 (installed on Windows). This isn't a major issue, I'm just reporting it like a good db2 user. :)

The basic issue is that when I create a filter on the Table Listing, this also affects the listings of the indexes, whereas I would have assumed they would be independent. So, if I have a filter on tables where the name starts with "ABC", then if I switch over to the index view, the indexes listed are only for tables whose names begin with "ABC", even though there is no filter defined for indexes. 

I do notice that 4.1.0.1 is now the latest - maybe I need to upgrade.

• YuanFeng
    YuanFeng
    78 Posts

Re: Table filter affects index filter

‏2014-05-15T03:12:54Z  

Currently data studio stragegy does have such limitation, Data studio build model as a hierarchy. It is true if tabe is filter out,the directly child,like the table's index, triggers will be also filter out. Currently workaround is you have clear the table filter first.

• jprof
    jprof
    14 Posts

Re: Table filter affects index filter

‏2014-05-15T17:04:30Z  
    • YuanFeng
    • ‏2014-05-15T03:12:54Z

Currently data studio stragegy does have such limitation, Data studio build model as a hierarchy. It is true if tabe is filter out,the directly child,like the table's index, triggers will be also filter out. Currently workaround is you have clear the table filter first.

I understand, however, when I'm in the Administration View, the list of tables and the list of indexes is on the same hierarchical level. I would expect that filtering would apply to levels beneath where I am in the tree, and nowhere else. The way it is now is counter-intuitive. If you're going to have a hierarchical model, change your tree layout to reflect this model, otherwise, filtering on a node should not affect other nodes on the same level.

The other thing thats bad about this is that when you apply a further filter to the index list, and then clear it, it brings up a dialog box asking if you're sure you want to display the X number of indexes in your entire database, then it goes ahead and shows only the ones that apply to the table filter.