• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-07-12T16:51:01Z by swlinn
smashyrahul
smashyrahul
396 Posts

Pinned topic Build and deployment automation

‏2013-07-12T14:27:10Z |

Hello Experts,

I am trying to automate DataPower build and deployment. Could anyone please suggest the best way to automate Datapower build and deployment/ migration, which would take care of all the objects built within DataPower?

Thanks,

Rahul

• swlinn
    swlinn
    1348 Posts

Re: Build and deployment automation

‏2013-07-12T15:16:57Z  

I've seen quite a few roll your own solutions, but IBM does provide WAMC (WebSphere Appliance Management Center) which can provide this support.  It works with DataPower deployment policies to manage environmental differences in your configuration.

Regards,
    Steve

• smashyrahul
    smashyrahul
    396 Posts

‏2013-07-12T16:20:42Z  
    • swlinn
    • ‏2013-07-12T15:16:57Z

I've seen quite a few roll your own solutions, but IBM does provide WAMC (WebSphere Appliance Management Center) which can provide this support.  It works with DataPower deployment policies to manage environmental differences in your configuration.

Regards,
    Steve

Thanks Steve,

Does it also takes care of promotion of datapower configuration from one enviornment to other?

Thanks,

Rahul

• swlinn
    swlinn
    1348 Posts

‏2013-07-12T16:51:01Z  

Thanks Steve,

Does it also takes care of promotion of datapower configuration from one enviornment to other?

Thanks,

Rahul

Hi Rahul,

It supports deployment policies in DataPower, so that will allow promotion from one environment to the other, changing environmentally specific configuration properties.  Deployment policies do have some limitations, and there are requests for enhancement requests outstanding to address them, but for now you'll need to look at your environmentally dependent properties to see if they will be problematic or not.  I'm not sure how it handles environmentally specific property xml files if your application has those.

Regards,

Steve