Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-07-12T16:51:01Z by swlinn
smashyrahul
smashyrahul
377 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Build and deployment automation

‏2013-07-12T14:27:10Z |

Hello Experts,

I am trying to automate DataPower build and deployment. Could anyone please suggest the best way to automate Datapower build and deployment/ migration, which would take care of all the objects built within DataPower?

Thanks,

Rahul

• swlinn
    swlinn
    1346 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Build and deployment automation

‏2013-07-12T15:16:57Z  in response to smashyrahul

I've seen quite a few roll your own solutions, but IBM does provide WAMC (WebSphere Appliance Management Center) which can provide this support.  It works with DataPower deployment policies to manage environmental differences in your configuration.

Regards,
    Steve

• smashyrahul
      smashyrahul
      377 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-12T16:20:42Z  in response to swlinn

Thanks Steve,

Does it also takes care of promotion of datapower configuration from one enviornment to other?

Thanks,

Rahul

• swlinn
        swlinn
        1346 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-12T16:51:01Z  in response to smashyrahul

Hi Rahul,

It supports deployment policies in DataPower, so that will allow promotion from one environment to the other, changing environmentally specific configuration properties.  Deployment policies do have some limitations, and there are requests for enhancement requests outstanding to address them, but for now you'll need to look at your environmentally dependent properties to see if they will be problematic or not.  I'm not sure how it handles environmentally specific property xml files if your application has those.

Regards,

Steve