Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-05-29T11:52:46Z by nick_tn
nick_tn
nick_tn
580 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic War Export - Export Source Files

‏2013-05-24T16:53:39Z |

can someone tell me what this option does? I thought it would export my EGL source members, but i dont seee them in the war file.

• dan_darnell
    dan_darnell
    919 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: War Export - Export Source Files

‏2013-05-24T20:50:42Z  in response to nick_tn

Export to WAR with the source option exports all of the web resources in a project plus Java source files. It doesn't seem to be aware of EGL source files. Since WAR files are intended to be deployed on an application server I'm not sure why you would want to have this type of export include EGL source. Do you have a need for that?

--Dan

• markevans
      markevans
      2523 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-28T15:56:31Z  in response to dan_darnell

Thanks Dan..I agree in that there is no use of the .egl files in the deployed application..

Nick,

You may already know this...but in case...

If you are looking at some way to backup the project(s) ,then do a Export->General->Archive File.  This takes everything in the project and exports it to a zip file.

You can then import into a different workspace by choosing "import->General->Existing projects into Workspace" and choose the zip file option on the following dialogs.

• nick_tn
      nick_tn
      580 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-29T11:52:46Z  in response to dan_darnell

Thanks guys. I do use the export function to save my "source". I looked in the documentation to  see if EGL documents were part of the soure but counldnt find it.

Thanks...