IC SunsetThe developerWorks Connections platform will be sunset on December 31, 2019. On January 1, 2020, this forum will no longer be available. More details available on our FAQ.
Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2018-11-27T11:59:28Z by Sys1mxs
Sys1mxs
Sys1mxs
48 Posts

Pinned topic ISIM Mail Activity Email Participants in CC

‏2018-10-21T13:10:31Z | isim6.0; tds6.3; was8.5;

Hello Everyone,

There is one scenario which I feel is difficult to achieve in ISIM, the requirement is to send email to a participant with an additional participant in the CC (User's Manager in ISIM). I explored Mail activity node options and gone through technical documentation and forums, but still couldn't figure out a way to achieve this.

If anyone did this or has any idea/tip regarding approach to achieve this, please do comment below. Appreciate your help and thanks!

Best regards,

Daniel

• franzw
    franzw
    519 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: ISIM Mail Activity Email Participants in CC

‏2018-10-21T18:10:22Z  

You are right - CC is not easy to implement in ISIM - if this really is a need you need to develop a mail extension yourself to do this. This should not be a big piece of code - but anyhow probably not worth the effort.

I would send a separate mail as a TO mail and with a text that clearly states the purpose - this is easy to implement and achieves what you need - remember that CC is not really a functional requirement, but just a way of saying this is a copy FYI....

As this pops up again and again it may be worth an RFE : http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/?BRAND%20ID=301

HTH

Regards

Franz Wolfhagen

• franzw
    franzw
    519 Posts

‏2018-10-21T18:10:22Z  

You are right - CC is not easy to implement in ISIM - if this really is a need you need to develop a mail extension yourself to do this. This should not be a big piece of code - but anyhow probably not worth the effort.

I would send a separate mail as a TO mail and with a text that clearly states the purpose - this is easy to implement and achieves what you need - remember that CC is not really a functional requirement, but just a way of saying this is a copy FYI....

As this pops up again and again it may be worth an RFE : http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/?BRAND%20ID=301

HTH

Regards

Franz Wolfhagen

• frisalde
    frisalde
    119 Posts

‏2018-10-22T12:43:34Z  

Hi all,
    just now I am doing some trials to use the ChangePasword notification which it is sent to the owner of the account and we would like to CC to another person to avoid the idenity theft (if the windows pasword is stolen the notification email could intercepted). I regret there is not way to sent a copy. 

From my testing I just can just find out that if multiple email address are recorded for the user, an email is sent all the addresses. Nevertheless, it doesn't not sound good to add an additional email to the personal information just for notification purposes. :-(

• Sys1mxs
    Sys1mxs
    48 Posts

‏2018-11-27T11:59:28Z  
    • frisalde
    • ‏2018-10-22T12:43:34Z

Hi all,
    just now I am doing some trials to use the ChangePasword notification which it is sent to the owner of the account and we would like to CC to another person to avoid the idenity theft (if the windows pasword is stolen the notification email could intercepted). I regret there is not way to sent a copy. 

From my testing I just can just find out that if multiple email address are recorded for the user, an email is sent all the addresses. Nevertheless, it doesn't not sound good to add an additional email to the personal information just for notification purposes. :-(

Hi,

update: if in custom recipients more then one recipients are returned in a list then I believe it'll route to all of them. Haven't tested it.

Thanks for suggestions everyone!

Best regards,

Daniel