Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-02-05T13:11:04Z by VolkerFriedrich
Akks
Akks
5 Posts

Pinned topic Migration from 4.2 to 4.6

‏2014-02-03T13:59:07Z |

Hi we have a migration of one of the nodes in our environment which holds Connect Direct v4.2, the server migration is taking place thus CD also needs to be migrated to 4.6

I am unable to figure out to what db server my current configuration is pointing to, since I will be required to setup the CD on the new node pointing to same DB as it is our production server. Can any one help on figuring out the DB configuration details for an existing CD server.?

• VolkerFriedrich
    VolkerFriedrich
    156 Posts

Re: Migration from 4.2 to 4.6

‏2014-02-05T11:22:54Z  

Open CD Admin Tool, stop your node, double-click it to open the properties window and then switch to the Database tab.
    Alternatively you can lookup the DSN's in the ODBC Data Source Administrator (32-bit).

Version 4.2 is probably using MS SQL Server 2000 or MS Access database. Neither of those are supported any longer.

Version 4.6 ships with an IBM solidDB database, which gets installed by default. Other databases are supported, too, but you will have to install them on your own in advance. Please see the release notes for requirements. An existing database will be migrated when you perform an upgrade installation.

• Akks
    Akks
    5 Posts

‏2014-02-05T11:27:44Z  

Open CD Admin Tool, stop your node, double-click it to open the properties window and then switch to the Database tab.
    Alternatively you can lookup the DSN's in the ODBC Data Source Administrator (32-bit).

Version 4.2 is probably using MS SQL Server 2000 or MS Access database. Neither of those are supported any longer.

Version 4.6 ships with an IBM solidDB database, which gets installed by default. Other databases are supported, too, but you will have to install them on your own in advance. Please see the release notes for requirements. An existing database will be migrated when you perform an upgrade installation.

Thank you Volker, however I am just not able to stop the node, it wont let me, would closing the services help?

Also is it the same for the version 4.5.01?

• VolkerFriedrich
    VolkerFriedrich
    156 Posts

‏2014-02-05T13:11:04Z  
    • Akks
    • ‏2014-02-05T11:27:44Z

Thank you Volker, however I am just not able to stop the node, it wont let me, would closing the services help?

Also is it the same for the version 4.5.01?

Stopping the node in CD Admin Tool apparently is the same as stopping the service. If you're on Windows Vista, Server 2008 or newer, then use 'Run as administrator' to run CD Admin Tool with proper admin rights.

Version 4.5.01 has less database options than 4.6. It only support MS SQL databases and ships with a copy of Microsoft SQL Server Express 2008 SP1 as the default (which you have to install in advance).