3 replies Latest Post - ‏2014-02-04T09:21:25Z by RISHIVEMAL
RISHIVEMAL
RISHIVEMAL
8 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Set web dependency for list box

‏2014-02-03T13:52:48Z |

Hi,

I'm trying to set web dependency to a list box. I understand that we have web dependency property option for drop down combo box. Is there a way to set web dependency through perl script?

Thanks,

Vimal

Updated on 2014-02-03T13:53:27Z at 2014-02-03T13:53:27Z by RISHIVEMAL
  • DonaldN
    DonaldN
    121 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Set web dependency for list box

‏2014-02-03T23:03:20Z  in response to RISHIVEMAL

If you are talking about changing values for one field would automatically change that of another field "on the fly", then no, list box is not supported. Your only choice is among those "drop down" variants.

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/cqhelp/v8m0r1/topic/com.ibm.rational.clearquest.schema.ec.doc/topics/t_enable_dependent_fields.htm

But if you are interested in modifying the value set of a field based on another field, you can always do it in the validation hook, with the condition that the user has to click the "save" button to trigger the validation hook.

• CQAdmin
    CQAdmin
    91 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-02-04T08:45:03Z  in response to RISHIVEMAL

If you are trying to modify the value of one field based on the value of some other field, you can write the Validation hook code.

For Example-

There are two fields in my schema "Component" and "SubComponent". If "Component" has a value "Comp1"; "SubComponent" field should get a value "SubComp1".

The below hook code has to be written in the Value Changed Hook Code for the field "Component".

# Value Change Hook code for "Component"
    $session = $entity->GetSession();
        my($comp) = $entity->GetFieldValue($fieldname)->GetValue() ;
        if ($comp eq "Comp1" )
        {
        $entity->SetFieldValue("SubComponent", "SubComp1");
        }

• RISHIVEMAL
    RISHIVEMAL
    8 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-02-04T09:21:25Z  in response to RISHIVEMAL

Thanks DonaldN and CQAdmin for your reply.