• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2019-08-02T10:08:18Z by bender10
bender10
bender10
8 Posts

Pinned topic [ITIM] Modify Manage Users Interface

‏2019-07-05T08:10:25Z | itim

Hi folks,

I have a quick question. Is there any posibility to modify the 'Manage Users' interface on the ITIM Admin Console?

When you go to that tab, yoy can see the fields Name, E-mail Address, Last Name, Business Unit and Status. I've been able to modify the Last Name column to show another attribute, but I want to add more columns. Is that possible?

Thanks in advance!

• franzw
    franzw
    512 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: [ITIM] Modify Manage Users Interface

‏2019-07-05T11:01:23Z  

... and here is the quick answer : No :-)

Basically the ISIM Console is locked down and cannot be extended in a supported way. There is some other possibilities - but basically they all include building a custom JSP application for the purpose.  The ISC should be fully extendible - so a custom Manage User could be built and exposed there. Also you can expose an application from the home page in the console.

I would strongly discourage trying to manipulate the console in a not supported - technically this is possible (on ISIM 6) - but all places where I have seen this done it ends in a maintenance nightmare - so do do this.

At the recent UG meetings in Europe an enhanced ISC/Rest API was mentioned as part of the roadmap going forward. But no details given and these statements are of course plans - no fixed commitment.

HTH

Regards

Franz Wolfhagen

• franzw
    franzw
    512 Posts

‏2019-07-05T11:01:23Z  

Basically the ISIM Console is locked down and cannot be extended in a supported way. There is some other possibilities - but basically they all include building a custom JSP application for the purpose.  The ISC should be fully extendible - so a custom Manage User could be built and exposed there. Also you can expose an application from the home page in the console.

I would strongly discourage trying to manipulate the console in a not supported - technically this is possible (on ISIM 6) - but all places where I have seen this done it ends in a maintenance nightmare - so do do this.

At the recent UG meetings in Europe an enhanced ISC/Rest API was mentioned as part of the roadmap going forward. But no details given and these statements are of course plans - no fixed commitment.

HTH

Regards

Franz Wolfhagen

• bender10
    bender10
    8 Posts

‏2019-08-02T10:08:18Z  
    • franzw
    • ‏2019-07-05T11:01:23Z

HTH

Regards

Franz Wolfhagen

Thanks for your response!! :)