• 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2017-06-16T10:39:27Z by MoragH
saket420
saket420
1 Post

Pinned topic MQ_SERVER CONNECTION CHANNEL EVENT Generation

‏2017-06-15T07:03:10Z | mq8

Hi,

I need help for my query. I have to write a drool script which reflects the alert for server connection channel when it reaches 75 % MAXINTC for the same. Now i am getting alert for 100 % usage of max instances.Can Somebody help me with this?

Current condition which have been set is as given below

case 9489: descr="Reached max instance limit: "+$MQIACF_AUX_ERROR_DATA_INT_1 +" . Check application and/or adjust max limit";break; case 9490: descr="Reached max client instance limit: "

Please help me in this.

Updated on 2017-06-15T08:17:46Z at 2017-06-15T08:17:46Z by saket420
  • MoragH
    MoragH
    131 Posts

Re: MQ_SERVER CONNECTION CHANNEL EVENT Generation

‏2017-06-16T10:39:27Z  

From your question it sounds like you are writing a script which looks for the following two error messages when they are written to the AMQERR01.LOG file?

AMQ9489
    The maximum number of instances, <insert_1>, of channel <insert_3> was reached.
    Severity
    30 : Severe error
    Explanation
    The server-connection channel <insert_3> is configured so that the maximum number of instances that can run at the same time is <insert_1>. This limit was reached.
    Response
    Try the operation again when a new instance can be started.

If the limit has been reached because there are too many connections from one or more of your client applications, consider changing the applications to make fewer connections.

If you are not making use of sharing conversations, consider switching to this mode of operation because several client connections can then share one channel instance.

AMQ9490
    The maximum number of instances, <insert_1>, of channel <insert_3> was reached for an individual client.
    Severity
    30 : Severe error
    Explanation
    The server-connection channel <insert_3> is configured so that the maximum number of instances that can run at the same time for any individual client is <insert_1>. This limit was reached for the client with remote network address <insert_4>.
    Response
    Try the operation again when a new instance can be started for this client.

If the limit has been reached because there are too many connections from the relevant client application, consider changing the application to make fewer connections.

If you are not making use of sharing conversations, consider switching to this mode of operation because several client connections can then share one channel instance.

The queue manager writes these error messages to the error log when the limit is reached. There is no way to configure the queue manager to write an equivalent error message at a percentage of the total.

In order to detect when a percentage of the limit has been reached you will need to query the queue manager for the number of instances of clients that are running and compare this to the defined limit yourself. You can do this using the DISPLAY CHSTATUS Command.

I am not familiar with drool. Is it possible to run such commands in a drool script?

Cheers
    Morag