• 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-08-16T16:53:34Z by Rupali Dubey
Rupali Dubey
Rupali Dubey
9 Posts

Pinned topic Multi Select with control over multiple checkboxes

‏2013-08-14T12:02:41Z |

Hi,

I have a multi select list, I want the list items to be displayed horizontally with the checkboxes. One more question I have:

There are two list:

1.Buckets and  2.Workgroups

When I select a bucket, the associated workgroups are displayed on the second list.  I am populating the workgroup list through an Ajax call. But what I want is, all the workgroups are displayed at the first place and when I select a bucket, the associated workgroups in the multi select list get checked, and rest remain unchecked.

Regards,

Rupali

• kolban
    kolban
    3316 Posts

Re: Multi Select with control over multiple checkboxes

‏2013-08-15T01:33:22Z  

As for the second puzzle.  I believe you might be able to achieve that with a list with all the possible elements but none selected.  If you want to then dynamically select a set, I believe you can set those to be selected in the list and they will then appear selected.

As for showing a list set of checkboxes in a horizontal line, I think you'll have to create a Custom Coach View for that effect.

Neil

• Rupali Dubey
    Rupali Dubey
    9 Posts

‏2013-08-16T06:04:33Z  
    • kolban
    • ‏2013-08-15T01:33:22Z

As for the second puzzle.  I believe you might be able to achieve that with a list with all the possible elements but none selected.  If you want to then dynamically select a set, I believe you can set those to be selected in the list and they will then appear selected.

As for showing a list set of checkboxes in a horizontal line, I think you'll have to create a Custom Coach View for that effect.

Neil

Thanks Neil.

I have created an Ajax service which returns all the workgroups which are associated to the bucket which I select. But the problem which I am facing is, after the Ajax call, the original list gets overridden and only those workgroups are displayed in the list which are associated with the bucket. And that too are unchecked. I want the original list should be displayed and after the ajax call, the associated workgroups get checked in the same list. 

Please suggest a solution for this.

Regards,

Rupali 

• kolban
    kolban
    3316 Posts

‏2013-08-16T12:30:11Z  

Thanks Neil.

I have created an Ajax service which returns all the workgroups which are associated to the bucket which I select. But the problem which I am facing is, after the Ajax call, the original list gets overridden and only those workgroups are displayed in the list which are associated with the bucket. And that too are unchecked. I want the original list should be displayed and after the ajax call, the associated workgroups get checked in the same list. 

Please suggest a solution for this.

Regards,

Rupali 

Hi Rupali,

Let us see if we can describe the problem with solution phrases like workgroups and buckets.

Is this a statement of the puzzle:

I have a BPM multi select list Coach View which shows a number of list items.  Initially, none of those list items are "checked".  Later on when a user executes some other function on the page, the result of that is the determination of which items in the list should be selected.  I want the multi-select list to now reflect the selected items.

Neil

• Rupali Dubey
    Rupali Dubey
    9 Posts

‏2013-08-16T16:53:34Z  
    • kolban
    • ‏2013-08-16T12:30:11Z

Hi Rupali,

Let us see if we can describe the problem with solution phrases like workgroups and buckets.

Is this a statement of the puzzle:

I have a BPM multi select list Coach View which shows a number of list items.  Initially, none of those list items are "checked".  Later on when a user executes some other function on the page, the result of that is the determination of which items in the list should be selected.  I want the multi-select list to now reflect the selected items.

Neil

Yes Neil,  this is exactly the problem statement. Please guide me to achieve this.

Regards,

Rupali