8 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-06-05T03:52:25Z by Imelda
mitait
mitait
2 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Error configuring Data Studio Web Console 3.2

‏2013-04-19T10:43:25Z |

Hi!

I installed 64 bit version of Data Studio Web Console 3.2 on Windows 2008 server (64bit) and it simply does not work at all.

I did the setup as local administrator user. First simply running setup.exe and the next try I tried running it "as administrator". Same results.

When I try to configure the product it says there was an error and points to a log file. The contents of the log file do not give me any ideas really. As far as I understood from IBM documentation, Web Console should need eclipse, yet there are mentions on the log file about eclipse.. well hopefully someone could give me some pointers to right direction based on the log below. Thanks.

C:\Program Files\ibm\DSWC3.2\bin\workspace\.metadata\.log

!SESSION 2013-04-19 11:28:41.039 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.fullversion=JRE 1.7.0 IBM J9 2.6 Windows Server 2008 R2 amd64-64 20120809_118929 (JIT enabled, AOT enabled)
J9VM - R26_Java726_SR2_20120809_0948_B118929
JIT  - r11.b01_20120808_24925
GC   - R26_Java726_SR2_20120809_0948_B118929
J9CL - 20120809_118929
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=fi_FI
Framework arguments:  -ssi C:\PROGRA~1\ibm\DSWC3.2\CONTRO~1\dswcSsi.xml
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -ssi C:\PROGRA~1\ibm\DSWC3.2\CONTRO~1\dswcSsi.xml

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2013-04-19 11:28:43.335
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
com.ibm.im.dt.dca.base.utils.ConfigRuntimeException: Error in starting DCA in Wizard mode using file C:\Users\DB2ADM~1.TSG\AppData\Local\Temp\ibmdt_db2admin\DswcConfigWizard.xml5754979819679617947.xml.
 at com.ibm.im.dt.dca.base.app.DcaApplicationBase.startDcaGui(Unknown Source)
 at com.ibm.im.dt.dca.base.app.DcaApplicationBase.startDca(Unknown Source)
 at com.ibm.im.dt.dca.dswc.app.DcaDswcApplication.start(Unknown Source)
 at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
 at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
 at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
 at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
 at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
 at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
 at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:88)
 at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:55)
 at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:613)
 at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:620)
 at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:575)
 at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1408)
Caused by: java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name com/ibm/im/dt/dca/dswc/resource/nls/dswc_customization, locale fi_FI
 at java.util.ResourceBundle.throwMissingResourceException(ResourceBundle.java:1510)
 at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(ResourceBundle.java:1333)
 at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(ResourceBundle.java:807)
 at com.ibm.im.inst.coreserv.enh.MultiResourceBundleService.addResBdlByName(Unknown Source)
 at com.ibm.im.inst.coreserv.enh.MultiResourceBundleService.initResourceBundles(Unknown Source)
 at com.ibm.im.inst.coreserv.enh.MultiResourceBundleService.<init>(Unknown Source)
 at com.ibm.im.dt.dca.base.wizard.WizardResource.initCustomizations(Unknown Source)
 at com.ibm.im.dt.dca.base.app.DtWizardBase.initWizardResources(Unknown Source)
 at com.ibm.im.dt.dca.base.app.DtWizardBase.initialize(Unknown Source)
 at com.ibm.im.dt.dca.base.app.DtWizardBase.<init>(Unknown Source)
 at com.ibm.im.dt.dca.base.app.DtWizardGui.initializeGui(Unknown Source)
 at com.ibm.im.dt.dca.base.app.DtWizardGui.<init>(Unknown Source)
 at com.ibm.im.dt.dca.base.app.DtWizardGui.getWizard(Unknown Source)
 ... 15 more

• David.Zhu
    David.Zhu
    66 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Error configuring Data Studio Web Console 3.2

‏2013-04-22T14:09:05Z  in response to mitait

Hi,Mitait,

Are you use the the locale fi_FI, we found the key message below maybe the root cause of your problems, I'm not sure whether you are convenient to change other locale such as en_US if you are urgent about this problem? Otherwise, could you provide related information such as you locale and you langue about you system and then we can try to recreate you problem?

Following are the key messages.

Caused by: java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name com/ibm/im/dt/dca/dswc/resource/nls/dswc_customization, locale fi_FI.

Thanks.

• mitait
      mitait
      2 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-23T07:09:11Z  in response to David.Zhu

Our server is configured to use locale fi_FI but after a lot on uninstall / install practices on different locale settings I dare to say that is not the problem. The problem seems to be the "FORMAT" setting under "REGION AND LANGUAGE" on windows. There we also have "Finnish" selected. If I change this to "English (United States)" the program starts to work, but for example "English (United Kingdom)" does not work (it says to check the same log, but it seems the program does not actually write anything to the log after the first failure when it is tried to start after install).

Unfortunately it is not a viable option to change the format setting to en_US on this server as this causes all the date formats to be completely foreign for us.

The region and language settings we have on our server are, format: Finnish (Finland), location: Finland, system locale: Finnish (Finland) and it seems the be the first one of these (format) that is causing the problems.

Also to mention. The server is virtual if that has any effect on anything (i need to run configure with "run as admistrator" to get it doing anything). I am wondering weather I need to try running the non-admin install even though I have a local administrator level user account?

Thanks.

• David.Zhu
        David.Zhu
        66 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-23T15:03:42Z  in response to mitait

Thanks for you response, I'll try to find a similar environment and check whether can recreate you problem.

• David.Zhu
        David.Zhu
        66 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-23T17:02:44Z  in response to mitait

Hi,Mitait,

Unfortunately, after I test, I can recreate you case, the reason is  definitely fi_FI.  I agree with you that change the format setting isn't a good way. Now there are two possible way.

1. Though change format is a good way, but it's a fast way to make it work, so use it as a workaround before get final solution. I have test that just change the forma to "English (United States)" before config and then config finished, you can change back. Data Studio Web Console still can work.

2. I report this to the development team and check other solutions.

Thanks.

• Imelda
    Imelda
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-26T02:12:00Z  in response to mitait

Hi all..

I got same problem like mitait., I have tried solution from David.zhu, but it still can't work.  Hmm..can you help me?

I have installed db2 ese 10.1 then I installed Data Studio, but when I try to configuring,this is the error message :

An error has occurred. See the log file C:\Users\Imelda\IBM\DSWC3.2\bin\workspace\.metadata\.log

Anybody can help me?Thank you,. :)

!SESSION 2013-04-25 16:54:51.440 -----------------------------------------------
    eclipse.buildId=unknown
    java.fullversion=JRE 1.7.0 IBM J9 2.6 Windows 7 amd64-64 20120809_118929 (JIT enabled, AOT enabled)
    J9VM - R26_Java726_SR2_20120809_0948_B118929
    JIT  - r11.b01_20120808_24925
    GC   - R26_Java726_SR2_20120809_0948_B118929
    J9CL - 20120809_118929
    BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=in_ID
    Framework arguments:  -ssi C:\Users\Imelda\IBM\DSWC3.2\.control\dswcSsi.xml
    Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -ssi C:\Users\Imelda\IBM\DSWC3.2\.control\dswcSsi.xml

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2013-04-25 16:54:53.717
    !MESSAGE Application error
    !STACK 1
    com.ibm.im.dt.dca.base.utils.ConfigRuntimeException: Error in starting DCA in Wizard mode using file C:\Users\Imelda\AppData\Local\Temp\ibmdt_Imelda\DswcConfigWizard.xml4913683095091540813.xml.
        at com.ibm.im.dt.dca.base.app.DcaApplicationBase.startDcaGui(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.im.dt.dca.base.app.DcaApplicationBase.startDca(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.im.dt.dca.dswc.app.DcaDswcApplication.start(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:88)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:55)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:613)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:620)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:575)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1408)
    Caused by: java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name com/ibm/im/dt/dca/dswc/resource/nls/dswc_customization, locale in_ID
        at java.util.ResourceBundle.throwMissingResourceException(ResourceBundle.java:1510)
        at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(ResourceBundle.java:1333)
        at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(ResourceBundle.java:807)
        at com.ibm.im.inst.coreserv.enh.MultiResourceBundleService.addResBdlByName(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.im.inst.coreserv.enh.MultiResourceBundleService.initResourceBundles(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.im.inst.coreserv.enh.MultiResourceBundleService.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.im.dt.dca.base.wizard.WizardResource.initCustomizations(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.im.dt.dca.base.app.DtWizardBase.initWizardResources(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.im.dt.dca.base.app.DtWizardBase.initialize(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.im.dt.dca.base.app.DtWizardBase.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.im.dt.dca.base.app.DtWizardGui.initializeGui(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.im.dt.dca.base.app.DtWizardGui.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.im.dt.dca.base.app.DtWizardGui.getWizard(Unknown Source)
        ... 15 more

• Imelda
    Imelda
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-06-05T03:52:25Z  in response to mitait

Hi all.. Finally I change to 3.1.1, and it works.

Later I will repeat the detail steps.. Thank you.