Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-04-30T05:42:47Z by Rohit-Goyal
Rohit-Goyal
Rohit-Goyal
128 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic AAA Caching

‏2013-04-30T01:30:54Z |

We are planning to use AAA (No Authentication, LDAP Authorization, No Post Processing/Auditing).

As part of Authorization, we are using Custom XSL method which internally call ldap-search method for LDAP authorization. 

Question I wanted to ask related to Caching. Is results of "ldap-search" within AAA cached? I read about Caching in AAA help. It says it does create unique key in cache on the basis of "credential-resource" pair and later search that in cache.

Will AAA cache custom XSL "ldap-search" results as well?

RG

• agera
    agera
    3 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: AAA Caching

‏2013-04-30T03:56:11Z  in response to Rohit-Goyal

RG,

Short answer is yes, AAA will cache result of custom template as well. You can test it yourself as follows:

1. Create a Service (MPG or WSP that uses your custom XSL for authorisation.

2. Increase the cache time to 30 seconds.

3. Fire a couple of request a couple of times. and check the AAA execution in probe.

I did a quick test and following are my results:

First Time execution:

1 transform local:///ondisk/services/CustomAAA_PoC/Authenicate.xsl (show nodeset) xml-parse (empty nodeset)  
    2 transform local:///ondisk/services/CustomAAA_PoC/MapAU.xsl (show nodeset) xml-parse (show nodeset)  
    3 ldap-search   (show nodeset) xml-parse (show nodeset)  
    4 transform local:///ondisk/services/CustomAAA_PoC/Authorise.xsl (show nodeset) xml-parse (show nodeset)

Second Time execute:

transform local:///ondisk/services/CustomAAA_PoC/MapAU.xsl (show nodeset) xml-parse (show nodeset)

You can see that second time there is no call to LDAP for search and it picks up the results from cache.

Hope this helps!

cheers,

Amit