Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-04-30T05:42:47Z by Rohit-Goyal
Rohit-Goyal
Rohit-Goyal
139 Posts

Pinned topic AAA Caching

‏2013-04-30T01:30:54Z |

We are planning to use AAA (No Authentication, LDAP Authorization, No Post Processing/Auditing).

As part of Authorization, we are using Custom XSL method which internally call ldap-search method for LDAP authorization. 

Question I wanted to ask related to Caching. Is results of "ldap-search" within AAA cached? I read about Caching in AAA help. It says it does create unique key in cache on the basis of "credential-resource" pair and later search that in cache.

Will AAA cache custom XSL "ldap-search" results as well?

RG

• agera
    agera
    3 Posts

Re: AAA Caching

‏2013-04-30T03:56:11Z  

RG,

Short answer is yes, AAA will cache result of custom template as well. You can test it yourself as follows:

1. Create a Service (MPG or WSP that uses your custom XSL for authorisation.

2. Increase the cache time to 30 seconds.

3. Fire a couple of request a couple of times. and check the AAA execution in probe.

I did a quick test and following are my results:

First Time execution:

1 transform local:///ondisk/services/CustomAAA_PoC/Authenicate.xsl (show nodeset) xml-parse (empty nodeset)  
    2 transform local:///ondisk/services/CustomAAA_PoC/MapAU.xsl (show nodeset) xml-parse (show nodeset)  
    3 ldap-search   (show nodeset) xml-parse (show nodeset)  
    4 transform local:///ondisk/services/CustomAAA_PoC/Authorise.xsl (show nodeset) xml-parse (show nodeset)

Second Time execute:

transform local:///ondisk/services/CustomAAA_PoC/MapAU.xsl (show nodeset) xml-parse (show nodeset)

You can see that second time there is no call to LDAP for search and it picks up the results from cache.

Hope this helps!

cheers,

Amit

• Rohit-Goyal
    Rohit-Goyal
    139 Posts

Re: AAA Caching

‏2013-04-30T05:42:47Z  
    • agera
    • ‏2013-04-30T03:56:11Z

RG,

Short answer is yes, AAA will cache result of custom template as well. You can test it yourself as follows:

1. Create a Service (MPG or WSP that uses your custom XSL for authorisation.

2. Increase the cache time to 30 seconds.

3. Fire a couple of request a couple of times. and check the AAA execution in probe.

I did a quick test and following are my results:

First Time execution:

1 transform local:///ondisk/services/CustomAAA_PoC/Authenicate.xsl (show nodeset) xml-parse (empty nodeset)  
    2 transform local:///ondisk/services/CustomAAA_PoC/MapAU.xsl (show nodeset) xml-parse (show nodeset)  
    3 ldap-search   (show nodeset) xml-parse (show nodeset)  
    4 transform local:///ondisk/services/CustomAAA_PoC/Authorise.xsl (show nodeset) xml-parse (show nodeset)

Second Time execute:

transform local:///ondisk/services/CustomAAA_PoC/MapAU.xsl (show nodeset) xml-parse (show nodeset)

You can see that second time there is no call to LDAP for search and it picks up the results from cache.

Hope this helps!

cheers,

Amit

Perfect :)

Thanks Amit