Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-10-22T11:18:01Z by GVAW_Robert_Wolf
pdisse
pdisse
1 Post
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic IBM x3650 7979 No video / No POST

‏2013-08-07T21:17:37Z |

I have a x3650 7979 which used to be a production server, but we replaced it with a newer model. It was working when we took it out of production a year ago, but now it will not POST.

Occasionally, the PCI light will flash blue after a few minutes, although we don't have any expansion cards plugged it (though I know some of the onboard components are on the PCI bus). The server revs up, the Lightpath diags show accurate data if you only plug in one PSU or have the riser card removed. None of the Error LEDs inside of the case are lit. I've tried replacing the RAID card and battery with one I know is working. I've also tried loading the backup BIOS via the jumper.  The keyboard and mouse aren't powered either (no numlock or optical mouse light when it turns on).

The hard disk drive backplane signal LED block are flashing in three different patterns. No beep codes can be heard, though.

Any ideas?

• ckingler
    ckingler
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: IBM x3650 7979 No video / No POST

‏2013-09-16T12:55:52Z  in response to pdisse

I have exactly the same Problem.

Did you manage to solve that Problem already?

Best regrads

Christian

• GVAW_Robert_Wolf
    GVAW_Robert_Wolf
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: IBM x3650 7979 No video / No POST

‏2013-10-22T11:18:01Z  in response to pdisse

I also have the same problem. We removed everything like hdds, ram, psu, sas controller and bios battery. we do not get any signal on video output. 

Did somebody has some news to resolv the problem ? 

Br, Daniel