Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-09-23T09:05:46Z by BirgitHeubach
SUDHIR1974
SUDHIR1974
3 Posts

Pinned topic IBM SCO BPM KERNEL SERVICE FAILURE

‏2013-09-12T08:50:09Z |

I successfully able to install Openstack in FirstBox. After that when i tried to deploy BPM Kernel service it's getting failed with the following error message.

Login to firstbox. Run deploy_all.sh . It throws error BPM installation failed, Kernel services on kersrv-3 were not installed successfully.

2013-09-11 09:39:58 IBMSCO [deploy_kersrv3] BPM installation failed. Please check /tmp/CHEF-KERSRV3-2013-09-11-09-39-11.log on kersrv-3 for more details.

1. deploy_all.sh script(at firstbox) internally executes bpm_deploy.sh script(at kersrv-3)

Log file at kersrv-3 states that line number 26 of bpm.rb file failed with error.

[root@kersrv-3 ~]# vi /tmp/CHEF-KERSRV3-2013-09-11-09-39-11.log

Attached is the log for CHEF-KERSRV3-2013-09-11-09-39-11.log and bpm_deploy-2013-09-11-09-39-24.log

Attachments

• BirgitHeubach
    BirgitHeubach
    8 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: IBM SCO BPM KERNEL SERVICE FAILURE

‏2013-09-23T09:05:46Z  
    Even when i tried to deploy BPM Kernel service directly also I am getting this error. I tried only for BPM Service. But Get the same error.

@SUDHIR1974, getting back to you with more infos: There are problems in SCO 2.2 with the DB2 used by BPM (also required by BPM at deployment time and running into errors). This problems are resolved with SCO 2.2 FP1. Therefore please get the source and install it on a totally clean environment (means delete the VMS used for kernelservices and firstbox). Then install SCO FP1.

If you still run into BPM install troubles, please post it here. Best regards, Birgit H.

• Thomas_Ortelt
    Thomas_Ortelt
    30 Posts

‏2013-09-17T09:58:52Z  

Thank you very much for the detailed description of the observed behavior. We are analyzing the docs you provided.

Just to make sure: can you please confirm whether you are using the current download drop, i.e. drop #H?

Thanks a lot.

• SUDHIR1974
    SUDHIR1974
    3 Posts

‏2013-09-17T10:20:55Z  

Thank you very much for the detailed description of the observed behavior. We are analyzing the docs you provided.

Just to make sure: can you please confirm whether you are using the current download drop, i.e. drop #H?

Thanks a lot.

Thomas I am using SCO Version 2.2.0.
  • BirgitHeubach
    BirgitHeubach
    8 Posts

‏2013-09-17T13:21:48Z  
    Thomas I am using SCO Version 2.2.0.

Hi,

when I understand the attached doc info correctly, the installation of bpm fails when running deploy_all.sh. But when you install it directly, it works and the bpm process center is reachable at: http://<BPM-SERVER-IP>:9080/ProcessCenter/login.jsp? Can you please confirm this? Thanks.

I have already seen the failure on another bpm installation: java.lang.StackOverflowError, The installation of the Installation Manager returned an error.
    for what I have involved BPM team. this error actually has been found with an earlier BPM version and should be resolved but now coming up again. So at the moment they are investigating and I wll get updates asap.

In parallel, concerning the warning message when installing bpm manually:
    WARNING: Installation Manager 1.6.0 (internal version: 1.6.0.20120831_1216) is already installed at location "/opt/ibm/InstallationManager/eclipse" and is using "/var/ibm/InstallationManager" for its data location.  Use the installed Installation Manager.

this sounds like SCO installation cannot deal with already installed Installation Manager. Therefore will investigate and talk to installation team.

Will get back to you asap. best regards Birgit H.

• SUDHIR1974
    SUDHIR1974
    3 Posts

‏2013-09-17T14:01:09Z  
    Even when i tried to deploy BPM Kernel service directly also I am getting this error. I tried only for BPM Service. But Get the same error.
  • BirgitHeubach
    BirgitHeubach
    8 Posts

‏2013-09-17T15:46:38Z  

ok, will take this into consideration and investigation. Thanks for the reply.

• BirgitHeubach
    BirgitHeubach
    8 Posts

‏2013-09-23T09:05:46Z  

@SUDHIR1974, getting back to you with more infos: There are problems in SCO 2.2 with the DB2 used by BPM (also required by BPM at deployment time and running into errors). This problems are resolved with SCO 2.2 FP1. Therefore please get the source and install it on a totally clean environment (means delete the VMS used for kernelservices and firstbox). Then install SCO FP1.

If you still run into BPM install troubles, please post it here. Best regards, Birgit H.