Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-07-07T16:12:16Z by Jim-Young
jwhowell
jwhowell
7 Posts

Pinned topic Can thresholds in APMUI 7.7 be modified?

‏2014-07-02T17:20:06Z |

Is it possible to modify the threshold values for the out-of-the-box dashboards in APMUI 7.7? If so, how?

• AnthonySegelhorst
    AnthonySegelhorst
    15 Posts

Re: Can thresholds in APMUI 7.7 be modified?

‏2014-07-02T17:31:59Z  

Joseph, 

Are you wanting to change the default thresholds so when you create a new component/app the custom thresholds are applied?

OR

Editing group widget thresholds on the Component Dashboard.

Here is a link to the 2nd solution

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSATHD_7.7.0/com.ibm.apm.doc_77/apm_ui_docs/apmui_77fp1/editingresources.html

• jwhowell
    jwhowell
    7 Posts

‏2014-07-02T18:57:37Z  

Joseph, 

Are you wanting to change the default thresholds so when you create a new component/app the custom thresholds are applied?

OR

Editing group widget thresholds on the Component Dashboard.

Here is a link to the 2nd solution

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSATHD_7.7.0/com.ibm.apm.doc_77/apm_ui_docs/apmui_77fp1/editingresources.html

Actually, both.  But mainly the second one.  I knew there was a way, just couldn't find the doc.  Thanks, Anthony.

• Jim-Young
    Jim-Young
    4 Posts

‏2014-07-03T08:41:16Z  

@Joseph, I'm ID manager with responsibility for APMUI. Can you pls let us know if/how improvements can be made to make this information easier to find. Thanks.

• jwhowell
    jwhowell
    7 Posts

‏2014-07-07T15:35:31Z  
    • Jim-Young
    • ‏2014-07-03T08:41:16Z

@Joseph, I'm ID manager with responsibility for APMUI. Can you pls let us know if/how improvements can be made to make this information easier to find. Thanks.

Thanks, Jim.  Actually it's pretty obvious once you see it.  I guess it's one of those things where it just depends on how you phrase your search.  What WOULD be helpful is the ability to set thresholds at the application level or even globally.  In our case, we're running mostly AIX servers, and AIX always wants to use all of the memory available.  So you tend to get lots of critical memory alerts that aren't really a problem. 

• Jim-Young
    Jim-Young
    4 Posts

‏2014-07-07T16:12:16Z  
    • jwhowell
    • ‏2014-07-07T15:35:31Z

Thanks, Jim.  Actually it's pretty obvious once you see it.  I guess it's one of those things where it just depends on how you phrase your search.  What WOULD be helpful is the ability to set thresholds at the application level or even globally.  In our case, we're running mostly AIX servers, and AIX always wants to use all of the memory available.  So you tend to get lots of critical memory alerts that aren't really a problem. 

Thanks Joseph - I'll pass this feedback on to the dev team.