Pinned topic Access is denied, not able to start the server

‏2013-07-09T12:43:10Z |

while starting the server we got this error:-

ADMU0128I: Starting tool with the WCDE_E~1_050641 profile
ADMU3100I: Reading configuration for server: server1
ADMU0113E: Program exiting with error:
           com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.AdminException:
           com.ibm.ws.management.launcher.ServerIdentifiers@630d630d, resulting
           C:\WCDE_E~1\wasprofile\config\cells\localhost\nodes\localhost\serverindex.xml
           (Access is denied.)

we dont have the UID AND PWD on which the existing profile has been created? so how to go forward?

not able to run the server----reason the user ID and password used (for local machine) while installing and running for the 1st time is different then the one has been given for the remote machine( this is a image of a single machine), but unfortunately we lost the user ID and password of that machine. 

• blima@ca.ibm.com
    blima@ca.ibm.com
    204 Posts

Re: Access is denied, not able to start the server

‏2013-07-09T18:50:24Z  

You've verified that the file does exist, it's just not accessible?  If so I see two options:

1. Perform a clean installation of the development environment using the ID you wish to use.  Then you can extract your code from source control and continue developing.

2. Give the new user ownership of those files or at least permission.  This will require administrative access to your machine but if you have it, it'll be the quicker approach.

• aun
    aun
    14 Posts

‏2013-07-10T09:59:31Z  

while opening the WCS developer write click and select "run as administrator" will solve this issue.

• Sajeedkhan
    Sajeedkhan
    97 Posts

‏2013-12-19T09:00:27Z  

1) Please verify the file exits -C:\WCDE_E~1\wasprofile\config\cells\localhost\nodes\localhost\serverindex.xml.

2) Delete the existing test server, Create a new one and re-publish.

Hope this helps..

Best Regards,

Sajeed