3 replies Latest Post - ‏2014-02-01T01:39:34Z by seconsultant
Jonathan.P (IBM)
Jonathan.P (IBM)
27 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Update available - QRadar 7.2 MR1 Patch 2

‏2014-01-20T16:04:19Z |

@All,

I just wanted to put up a new notice to inform everyone that QRadar 7.2 MR1 Patch 2 is released and available on Fix Central.

Release of QRadar 7.2 MR1 Patch 2

Information for users at QRadar 7.1 MR2

As mentioned in the install instructions, this fix pack requires QRadar 7.1 MR2 (7.1.2.519185) or above. It is recommended that users at 7.1 MR2 review the upgrade guide before they start an installation. An Asset Profile update requires administrators to decide on how to migrate asset data on their system when they apply the fix pack. The section, "Upgrade considerations for your asset data" should be reviewed if you are on QRadar 7.1 MR2 and updating your system to QRadar 7.2 MR1 Patch 2. The upgrade guide can be found here: https://ibm.biz/BdR2Uj (opens in a new window).

Note: IBM's link shortener uses IBM.biz. I know it seems strange, but IBM.biz shortened URLs are official.

As always, feel free to ask a question here or in the forums if you have a patch (fix pack) specific question.

Updated on 2014-01-20T16:06:25Z at 2014-01-20T16:06:25Z by Jonathan.P (IBM)
  • seconsultant
    seconsultant
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Update available - QRadar 7.2 MR1 Patch 2

‏2014-01-27T21:34:51Z  in response to Jonathan.P (IBM)

Hi,

Can't see any new feature updates in the release notes, only bug fixes are mentioned.

I was wondering if someone out there has installed this version, please share your valuable feedback and experiences. Thanks.

Regards,

Akhtar

• Jonathan.P (IBM)
      Jonathan.P (IBM)
      27 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-01-27T23:13:32Z  in response to seconsultant

Akhtar,

This is a good question and some explanation is probably required.

New software features are released quarterly when the Maintenance Release (MR) number changes. For example, an update from 7.2 -> 7.2 MR1 includes new features. Our next release when customers transition from 7.2 MR1 -> 7.2 MR2 will also include new features when it is released. There are 4 releases a year that include features, the rest of the updates are fixes for known issues.

Fix packs (also known as "Patches") contain fixes for specific issues found after the maintenance release is out. So, any downloads labeled, "Patch 1" or "Patch 2" include corrections for reported issues. This is why the release notes posted for 7.2 MR1 Patch 2 only contains a list of corrected issues. Fix packs are released every 4 weeks. However, there won't be a 7.2 fix pack every 4 weeks. The last 2 fix packs that we have released have been for QRadar 7.2. We typically alternate our fix packs by version. We will release a 7.2 fix pack, then in 4 weeks we will release a 7.1 fix pack.

Note: If you want a specific list of features that we provided in 7.2 MR1, I can provide you that information. It is also available in the following document: https://ibm.biz/BdRqFg  (shortened link, opens in a new window).

Hope this answers your question.

• seconsultant
        seconsultant
        2 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-02-01T01:39:34Z  in response to Jonathan.P (IBM)

Thanks for your elaborated response. I have upgraded the software to the latest version, will share my experiences with this version.

Regards,

Akhtar