Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-07-08T14:19:59Z by dotyell
dotyell
dotyell
5 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Dashboard API on REST API

‏2013-07-05T07:48:29Z |

I've looked around but I don't find it. Anyone with an idea on whether there is an API on REST API that can be used to mimic the Process Portal functionality?

• tlano
    tlano
    17 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Dashboard API on REST API

‏2013-07-08T02:52:21Z  in response to dotyell

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but there may be a built-in Rest Interface for you to use.

Here's a good article on that:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/dmndhelp/v8r0m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.wbpm.bpc.doc%2Ftopics%2Ftdev_testingrestapis.html

This one is good because it helps you construct the different calls, but it doesn't let you simply get all data.  When I want to do that,  I use the Firefox plugin, RESTClient.

Hopefully this helps somewhat.

• kolban
    kolban
    3069 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-08T05:04:27Z  in response to dotyell

As far as I understand, IBM implemented the BPM Process Portal using the exposed REST APIs exposed by the product.  For each function that is achievable through the Process Portal, there is one or more similar REST calls that can be made to achieve the same or similar result.

• dotyell
      dotyell
      5 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-08T14:19:59Z  in response to kolban

The issue at hand is that we need a managerial user to view work items that are in the pool, that he/she has claimed or that have been claimed by members of his/her group. Using the REST API, you cannot view tasks that have been claimed other users other than yourself. I have managed to overcome this by executing a rest call as an admin. however the java snippet is sometimes fast and sometimes slow and now I need to find an out-of the box API call that will achieve the similar result hence looking for the alternative. Would you have any alternative suggestions?