• 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2017-08-14T08:55:21Z by RecepK
Jesus Espinoza
Jesus Espinoza
24 Posts

Pinned topic Write to Excel using Mr. Kolban's Tooklit

‏2015-05-21T19:55:50Z | 8.5.0.1 bpm excel

Hi,

Im trying to write to an Excel File, and im trying to use Mr. Kolban's Toolkit, but the the only version that i have been able to find is for BPM 8.5.5.1, and im still on 8.5.0.1 so is not letting me import his toolkit, updating is not an option for me,

i have been looking for an older version of his TWX that could include the Integration Service to write to Excel, somebody here knows where can i find it? 

I appreciate any help i can get.

thank you!

• kolban
    kolban
    3322 Posts

Re: Write to Excel using Mr. Kolban's Tooklit

‏2015-05-21T20:23:43Z  

Howdy Jesus,

The toolkit Ive been sheparding still lives and is in the process of moving to:

https://hub.jazz.net/project/kolban/KolbanTK/overview

By putting it as an IBM devOps project, hopefully that will mean that we can all pile on to either maintain it or add features to it.  Ideally we (the IBM BPM community) can collaborate together to build such toolkits and the only reason it was called "KolbanTK" was because we couldn't think of a better name ... we sure didn't want to call it anything "official" such as the "BPMToolkit" or anything like that ...

If we can think of a better name for it, I'm all for decoupling my moniker from it.  I want everyone to feel welcome that they can contribute to it and take a sense of ownership (if desired).

With that background out of the way, here is the current story ...

I only maintain one version of IBM BPM on my laptop ... and that is always (and only) the current GA version of the product.  So that means that I have 8.5.6.0 installed.  When we had the BPM Wiki, when ever I uploaded a new version of the toolkit, I always kept the old versions there as well and made a note when BPM changed so that readers would know which was the last version that could be imported for a given BPM release.  With the demise of the BPM Wiki, I'm afraid I no longer have copies of the old toolkits (I used the BPM Wiki storage to host those).  Now, it is possible that they could be resurrected as Mark has a backup of the Wiki which may or may not include those large TWX files.

However ... the base case is that the devOps repository contains only the current 8.5.6.0 code and I don't personally have anything from earlier releases.

• EHJH_Luis_Seisdedos
    EHJH_Luis_Seisdedos
    15 Posts

‏2015-11-25T14:16:29Z  

Hi to all,

I'm afraid I'm at the same situation as Jesus: required to develop an Excel export for our users, in version 8.5.0.1.

We are testing KolbanTK and we have noted that the installation of Download Helper Java EE Application is required to use the "Write to Excel", even without using "Download file". We also see how to install that Java EE by using using the helper Human Service called "Install JavaEE Apps". Now I have some questions about doing that in our Productive environment:

1. Does BPM Advanced Network deployment licence entitle IBM's customers to add an Enterprise Application like that? I'm sorry if this question looks stupid, but I think that we have just never done such a thing so far.
    2. What is the smartest way to install that EE App in Prod ? Through the WebSphere Integrated Solution Console, or by using the toolkit?

Thank you in advance!

Updated on 2015-11-25T14:27:20Z at 2015-11-25T14:27:20Z by EHJH_Luis_Seisdedos
  • Jesus Espinoza
    Jesus Espinoza
    24 Posts

‏2015-11-30T18:16:49Z  
    • kolban
    • ‏2015-05-21T20:23:43Z

Howdy Jesus,

By putting it as an IBM devOps project, hopefully that will mean that we can all pile on to either maintain it or add features to it.  Ideally we (the IBM BPM community) can collaborate together to build such toolkits and the only reason it was called "KolbanTK" was because we couldn't think of a better name ... we sure didn't want to call it anything "official" such as the "BPMToolkit" or anything like that ...

If we can think of a better name for it, I'm all for decoupling my moniker from it.  I want everyone to feel welcome that they can contribute to it and take a sense of ownership (if desired).

I only maintain one version of IBM BPM on my laptop ... and that is always (and only) the current GA version of the product.  So that means that I have 8.5.6.0 installed.  When we had the BPM Wiki, when ever I uploaded a new version of the toolkit, I always kept the old versions there as well and made a note when BPM changed so that readers would know which was the last version that could be imported for a given BPM release.  With the demise of the BPM Wiki, I'm afraid I no longer have copies of the old toolkits (I used the BPM Wiki storage to host those).  Now, it is possible that they could be resurrected as Mark has a backup of the Wiki which may or may not include those large TWX files.

However ... the base case is that the devOps repository contains only the current 8.5.6.0 code and I don't personally have anything from earlier releases.

Mr. Kolban, i just realized that i never thank you back for taking the time to reply to my comment until i got a notification from the new reply in this thread, i was able to figure out a different way to do it back then.

Thank you very much and thank you for your all the information/toolkits that you share.

Luis, I dont have an answer myself, good luck with your question.

Updated on 2015-11-30T18:20:39Z at 2015-11-30T18:20:39Z by Jesus Espinoza
  • Ssrivenu
    Ssrivenu
    4 Posts

‏2017-07-28T07:11:03Z  
    • kolban
    • ‏2015-05-21T20:23:43Z

Howdy Jesus,

Hi Neil,

I tried to download your toolkit. But it seems that the website has been moved from hub,jazz.net to bluemix. Is there any other place from where I could download??

Thanks in advance.

• RecepK
    RecepK
    4 Posts

‏2017-08-14T08:55:21Z  

Hello all ,

is there any other option to download Kolban's toolkit .

Or can somebody share it ?

Thanks.