IC SunsetThe developerWorks Connections platform will be sunset on December 31, 2019. On January 1, 2020, this forum will no longer be available. More details available on our FAQ.
Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2017-07-27T21:29:02Z by MartinBurch
Wahlberg
Wahlberg
5 Posts

Pinned topic Cannot trigger create through OSLC

‏2017-06-27T14:22:22Z | mobile oslc state_transition

Hi,

I am having an issue where it is not possible to trigger the create state transition with non-admin users through our OSLC interface. Instead we get the following error:

2017-06-27 13:08:10.301 UTC ERROR [com.tririga.platform.integration.oslc.OslcRequestDispatcherImpl](Default Executor-thread-34280) Failed to read message: null
2017-06-27 13:08:10.301 UTC ERROR [com.tririga.platform.integration.oslc.OslcRequestDispatcherImpl](Default Executor-thread-34280) Exception in OSLC call: com.tririga.platform.integration.oslc.OslcException. message=java.lang.ClassCastException: com.tririga.platform.metadata.domain.BoStateTransitionId incompatible with com.tririga.platform.metadata.domain.gui.GuiStateTransitionMetadata

The fact that I am able to create and associate the record using an admin user says to me that this is related to permissions, but I've made sure that the user has full security access for both the BO/form it is trying to create, the BO/form that it is attaching it to and all other BO's/forms that are associated to it, and it still gives me the error above.

When I open the created record the my admin user created, it looks to be correct, but when I open one the non-admin user tried to create, it shows an empty record (none of the fields are savedin a null state (which of course is since it didn't get created/the Create state transition was not triggered).

Any idea of what is causing this issue? And how to resolve it?

Thank you in advance!

• MartinBurch
    MartinBurch
    75 Posts

Re: Cannot trigger create through OSLC

‏2017-06-29T23:26:03Z  

Do not forget that in the Security Group there is a section called "Application Access" which has checkboxes with permissions to various state transitions.  Can you double check that your user has the checked permission for the state transition you are using to trigger create?

• Wahlberg
    Wahlberg
    5 Posts

‏2017-07-03T14:05:34Z  

Do not forget that in the Security Group there is a section called "Application Access" which has checkboxes with permissions to various state transitions.  Can you double check that your user has the checked permission for the state transition you are using to trigger create?

Yes, I've given complete access (checked all the checkboxes) to both Application Access, Data Access and Form Action Access.

• MartinBurch
    MartinBurch
    75 Posts

‏2017-07-03T15:40:34Z  
    • Wahlberg
    • ‏2017-07-03T14:05:34Z

Yes, I've given complete access (checked all the checkboxes) to both Application Access, Data Access and Form Action Access.

The only other thing I can think of is that the BO state transition is out of sync with the Form state transition.  Maybe double check that.

Otherwise, you can try turning on the the OSLC logging in the Admin Console, run through the scenario, and attach the server.log here, or open a PMR and provide the log.  This might just be a bug.

• Wahlberg
    Wahlberg
    5 Posts

‏2017-07-04T15:37:38Z  

The only other thing I can think of is that the BO state transition is out of sync with the Form state transition.  Maybe double check that.

Otherwise, you can try turning on the the OSLC logging in the Admin Console, run through the scenario, and attach the server.log here, or open a PMR and provide the log.  This might just be a bug.

I've added OSLC logging, but it does not seem to tell much more, see attached file.

Also, we've tried adding a new state transition, both to the BO and to the form, but get the same error, so it looks like it might be unrelated to the specific state transition. In fact, the same error appears regardless of what's entered in the "spi:action" field. 

And it doesn't seem to be a security issue as the non-admin user is able to create through the classic forms.

Attachments

• MartinBurch
    MartinBurch
    75 Posts

‏2017-07-05T20:53:40Z  
    • Wahlberg
    • ‏2017-07-04T15:37:38Z

I've added OSLC logging, but it does not seem to tell much more, see attached file.

Also, we've tried adding a new state transition, both to the BO and to the form, but get the same error, so it looks like it might be unrelated to the specific state transition. In fact, the same error appears regardless of what's entered in the "spi:action" field. 

And it doesn't seem to be a security issue as the non-admin user is able to create through the classic forms.

Please open a PMR, and include the log.  This may be a valid defect.

• MartinBurch
    MartinBurch
    75 Posts

‏2017-07-27T21:29:02Z  

Please open a PMR, and include the log.  This may be a valid defect.

It seems like there is an issue where if the state transition of the OSLC object being acted upon has any actions with bo state transition labels, "Apply", "APPLY", "Ok", or "Ok", that this error happens.  It is a bug, and is being investigated.  For your case, you can try setting the OSLC object's state transition actions that have any "Apply", etc. labels (assuming there are any) to anything else, and try again updating via OSLC.  Keep in mind, in this case it might be an ancillary object being updated (e.g. a log record), that may be causing this problem.