• 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-05-08T14:24:34Z by alle
SubashChandraBose
SubashChandraBose
4 Posts

Pinned topic Websphere Portal 8 With Sql 2008 r2

‏2013-04-26T08:43:15Z |

Hi,

I am installing portal 8 in RHEL 6. i am done with installing WAS and Portal .

I have to configure SQL 2008 r2 as a remote DB for portal to use.

Please any one can help me in this.

Version Details.

WAS 8.0.0.5

Portal 8.0.0.1

Thanks in Advance

__Subash

• alle
    alle
    10 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Websphere Portal 8 With Sql 2008 r2

‏2013-04-26T17:49:23Z  

Subash,

You should start with the instructions here: http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/portalwiki.nsf/xpDocViewer.xsp?lookupName=IBM+WebSphere+Portal+8+Product+Documentation#action=openDocument&res_title=Linux_standalone_Setting_up_a_SQL_Server_database_wp8&content=pdcontent

PS: The postings on this site are my opinions and do not necessarily align with IBM's stance or strategies on the subject.

• alle
    alle
    10 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-30T15:37:23Z  

Thanks Alle, 

I followed that link for setting up the SQL Server and getting issues in creating the DB.

Log:

[java] Executing java with empty input string
         [java] Reading file /opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/wp_profile/ConfigEngine/config/work/setupdb/sqlserver2005/release/createDatabase.sql
         [java] Could not connect to database
         [java] com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Login failed for user 'XXXXXXX'.
         [java]     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDatabaseError(SQLServerException.java:197)
         [java]     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSTokenHandler.onEOF(tdsparser.java:246)
         [java]     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSParser.parse(tdsparser.java:83)
         [java]     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.sendLogon(SQLServerConnection.java:2529)
         [java]     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.logon(SQLServerConnection.java:1905)
         [java]     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.access$000(SQLServerConnection.java:41)
         [java]     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection$LogonCommand.doExecute(SQLServerConnection.java:1893)
         [java]     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSCommand.execute(IOBuffer.java:4575)
         [java]     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.executeCommand(SQLServerConnection.java:1400)
         [java]     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connectHelper(SQLServerConnection.java:1045)
         [java]     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.login(SQLServerConnection.java:817)
         [java]     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connect(SQLServerConnection.java:700)
         [java]     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver.connect(SQLServerDriver.java:842)
         [java]     at com.ibm.wps.config.SqlProcessor.process(SqlProcessor.java:300)
         [java]     at com.ibm.wps.config.SqlProcessor.process(SqlProcessor.java:223)
         [java]     at com.ibm.wps.config.SqlProcessor.process(SqlProcessor.java:88)
         [java]     at com.ibm.wps.config.SqlProcessor.main(SqlProcessor.java:1105)
         [java] (ErrCode=18456, SqlState=S0001)

Can you help me in this.

Did you check the passwords for all the domain users and make sure they are correct? Check with your DBA if each of these users have the necessary permissions to the database.

Did this task run successfully?

./ConfigEngine.sh validate-
    database-connection

PS: The postings on this site are my opinions and do not necessarily align with IBM's stance or strategies on the subject.

• alle
    alle
    10 Posts

‏2013-04-26T17:49:23Z  

Subash,

You should start with the instructions here: http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/portalwiki.nsf/xpDocViewer.xsp?lookupName=IBM+WebSphere+Portal+8+Product+Documentation#action=openDocument&res_title=Linux_standalone_Setting_up_a_SQL_Server_database_wp8&content=pdcontent

• SubashChandraBose
    SubashChandraBose
    4 Posts

‏2013-04-29T10:47:29Z  
    • alle
    • ‏2013-04-26T17:49:23Z

Subash,

Thanks Alle, 

I followed that link for setting up the SQL Server and getting issues in creating the DB.

Log:

[java] Reading file /opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/wp_profile/ConfigEngine/config/work/setupdb/sqlserver2005/release/createDatabase.sql
         [java] com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Login failed for user 'XXXXXXX'.
         [java]     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDatabaseError(SQLServerException.java:197)
         [java]     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSTokenHandler.onEOF(tdsparser.java:246)
         [java]     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.sendLogon(SQLServerConnection.java:2529)
         [java]     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.logon(SQLServerConnection.java:1905)
         [java]     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.access$000(SQLServerConnection.java:41)
         [java]     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection$LogonCommand.doExecute(SQLServerConnection.java:1893)
         [java]     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSCommand.execute(IOBuffer.java:4575)
         [java]     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.executeCommand(SQLServerConnection.java:1400)
         [java]     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connectHelper(SQLServerConnection.java:1045)
         [java]     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.login(SQLServerConnection.java:817)
         [java]     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connect(SQLServerConnection.java:700)
         [java]     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver.connect(SQLServerDriver.java:842)

Can you help me in this.

• alle
    alle
    10 Posts

‏2013-04-30T15:37:23Z  

Thanks Alle, 

Log:

Can you help me in this.

Did you check the passwords for all the domain users and make sure they are correct? Check with your DBA if each of these users have the necessary permissions to the database.

./ConfigEngine.sh validate-
    database-connection

• SubashChandraBose
    SubashChandraBose
    4 Posts

‏2013-05-01T17:29:28Z  
    • alle
    • ‏2013-04-30T15:37:23Z

<pre class="ctntValue" dir="ltr">./ConfigEngine.sh validate- database-connection </pre>

Thank you so much alle.

I ran this task and found that, issue is with the user permission . Now i am able to run tasks.

Thank you once again .

• SubashChandraBose
    SubashChandraBose
    4 Posts

‏2013-05-02T12:32:10Z  

Thank you so much alle.

I ran this task and found that, issue is with the user permission . Now i am able to run tasks.

Thank you once again .

Alle,

I am not able to run transfer-database task successfully. Have attached the log for release domain. I don't know where i am going wrong.

Please help me in this.

Attachments

Updated on 2013-05-02T19:22:30Z at 2013-05-02T19:22:30Z by SubashChandraBose
  • alle
    alle
    10 Posts

‏2013-05-08T14:24:34Z  

Alle,

I am not able to run transfer-database task successfully. Have attached the log for release domain. I don't know where i am going wrong.

Please help me in this.

Hi,

Your DbUrl=jdbc:sqlserver://sqldev08r2.tmg.local\ibmdev;SelectMethod=cursor;DatabaseName=wpsdb;

appears to be the culprit. What is "\ibmdev" as part of the hostname? And also I don't see a port number for SQLServer. Because of this the task, action-create-datasource-portal is failing with a NullPointerException as it is not able to parse this DBUrl. You will need to check this url and rerun the database-transfer task.

Typically, the DbUrl is like this:

jdbc:sqlserver://MySQLServerHost.mycompany.com:1433;SelectMethod=cursor;DatabaseName=wpsdb;