• 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-08-16T02:57:45Z by XIntegration50
XIntegration50
XIntegration50
90 Posts

Pinned topic Export in shared domains

‏2013-08-10T22:16:13Z |

Hi,

We have a domain which is shared by multiple developers, till now we were manually exporting in GUI so there ain't any issues. But when we start exporting with SOMA scripts there are chances that the same export is run is run by multiple users as a result export command by latter over rides the earlier even before the first user saves it to a different location.  One possible solution I can think of is saving export response with different file names( may be adding a time stamp) in local. Is there any other better approach ?

Thanks,

Venkat.

• swlinn
    swlinn
    1395 Posts

Re: Export in shared domains

‏2013-08-12T13:14:27Z  

Hi Venkat,

That's the best approach I can think of.  If you can have a mechanism where you can also add the user name to the file name, that may assist your developers on finding their export if some are done pretty close together.

Regards,
    Steve

• XIntegration50
    XIntegration50
    90 Posts

‏2013-08-12T17:18:36Z  
    • swlinn
    • ‏2013-08-12T13:14:27Z

Hi Venkat,

That's the best approach I can think of.  If you can have a mechanism where you can also add the user name to the file name, that may assist your developers on finding their export if some are done pretty close together.

Regards,
    Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply. I tried to find a dp variable/ extension function that can return username but in vain. Can you please let me know how to get username ?

Thanks.

Venkat.

• swlinn
    swlinn
    1395 Posts

‏2013-08-13T13:05:12Z  

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply. I tried to find a dp variable/ extension function that can return username but in vain. Can you please let me know how to get username ?

Thanks.

Venkat.

How are your "multiple users" executing the SOMA request?

Regards,

Steve

• XIntegration50
    XIntegration50
    90 Posts

‏2013-08-15T05:41:24Z  
    • swlinn
    • ‏2013-08-13T13:05:12Z

How are your "multiple users" executing the SOMA request?

Regards,

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the response. They send a request from SOAP UI to the internal service of DP which creates SOMA request. May be I have to provide that as an element in the request.

Generally is there a way to capture the login username ?

Venkat.

• swlinn
    swlinn
    1395 Posts

‏2013-08-15T19:23:54Z  

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the response. They send a request from SOAP UI to the internal service of DP which creates SOMA request. May be I have to provide that as an element in the request.

Generally is there a way to capture the login username ?

Venkat.

You could provide the username in a http basic auth header, in XML of your request to the internal service, however you wish to do it.  You just don't want anyone telling your service to configure the appliance, so you should be asking for credentials one way or the other.  The AAA action could validate the userid and password provided, and then you'd have access to your authenticated userid.  However, as I believe I said in another thread post, I still don't like the idea of do this with an on appliance SOMA call.  I'd rather have the external request be the SOMA request directly to the XML Management Interface, then you can use all this information on the client side to build whatever file in whatever format you wish.

Regards,

Steve

• XIntegration50
    XIntegration50
    90 Posts

‏2013-08-16T02:57:45Z  
    • swlinn
    • ‏2013-08-15T19:23:54Z

You could provide the username in a http basic auth header, in XML of your request to the internal service, however you wish to do it.  You just don't want anyone telling your service to configure the appliance, so you should be asking for credentials one way or the other.  The AAA action could validate the userid and password provided, and then you'd have access to your authenticated userid.  However, as I believe I said in another thread post, I still don't like the idea of do this with an on appliance SOMA call.  I'd rather have the external request be the SOMA request directly to the XML Management Interface, then you can use all this information on the client side to build whatever file in whatever format you wish.

Regards,

Steve

Thank you Steve, I will try to implement the other way.

Thanks,

Venkat