Topic
  • 10 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-08-13T12:46:09Z by alisyn.bechtel
alisyn.bechtel
alisyn.bechtel
16 Posts

Pinned topic Export linked tables as tables

‏2013-10-07T19:31:43Z |

I have an RPE template that follows links to another DOORS module (within the same database) and exports the linked modules' content into the document. I have set up table elements in the template for the table content, but it does not export as a table because there are no table attributes under Module.Object.Link.LinkedObject in the data source schema. What other options do I have to tell RPE that when the link is a table, export it as a table?

• Dragos.Cojocari
    Dragos.Cojocari
    1654 Posts

Re: Export linked tables as tables

‏2013-10-08T16:37:25Z  

Hey Alisyn,

off the top of my head I cannot think of a way to do it. Please raise an RFE for RPE to add this capability.

Regards,

Dragos

• alisyn.bechtel
    alisyn.bechtel
    16 Posts

‏2013-10-08T17:10:58Z  

Hey Alisyn,

off the top of my head I cannot think of a way to do it. Please raise an RFE for RPE to add this capability.

Regards,

Dragos

Thank you for responding, Dragos. I will raise an RFE for this.

• alisyn.bechtel
    alisyn.bechtel
    16 Posts

‏2014-08-11T14:36:00Z  

Hey Alisyn,

Regards,

Dragos

Hi Dragos,

Has there been any updates regarding exporting tables from linked modules?

Thanks.

• ChrisHardy68
    ChrisHardy68
    86 Posts

‏2014-08-11T21:24:40Z  

Hi Dragos,

Thanks.

Hi,

The only thing that may work is to use a dynamic data source to get the table info from the other module.

Is it possible for you to share an example to see exactly what you have set up?

• Kumaraswamy M
    Kumaraswamy M
    350 Posts

‏2014-08-12T05:31:07Z  

Hi Dragos,

Thanks.

Hi Alisyn,

There are few table attributes under Module/Object/Link/Linked Object. If not already there, edit schema from RPE Studio and select these attributes and you should be able to see them in the schema. See screenshot for details.

%RPE_HOME%/source/DOORS/examples/doorsData.data has similar example on preserving table structure from DOORS.

Thanks,

Kumar

Attachments

• Dragos.Cojocari
    Dragos.Cojocari
    1654 Posts

‏2014-08-12T13:08:25Z  

Hi Dragos,

Thanks.

Hey Alisyn,

to the best of my knowledge this functionality has not been prioritized for RPE yet.

Regards,

Dragos

• alisyn.bechtel
    alisyn.bechtel
    16 Posts

‏2014-08-12T16:47:55Z  

Hi,

The only thing that may work is to use a dynamic data source to get the table info from the other module.

Is it possible for you to share an example to see exactly what you have set up?

I attached an example of our template that shows where we export content from links and that is where we also need to export tables as tables from links, not tables as plain text. Thanks in advance, ChrisHardy68, for any suggestions or guidance you might have.

• alisyn.bechtel
    alisyn.bechtel
    16 Posts

‏2014-08-12T16:51:25Z  

Hi Alisyn,

There are few table attributes under Module/Object/Link/Linked Object. If not already there, edit schema from RPE Studio and select these attributes and you should be able to see them in the schema. See screenshot for details.

%RPE_HOME%/source/DOORS/examples/doorsData.data has similar example on preserving table structure from DOORS.

Thanks,

Kumar

Thank you Kumaraswamy, but I need Module/Object/Link/Linked Object/Table/Row/Object Text - the /Table/Row/Object Text that comes after /Linked Object do not exist in the schema. 

• ChrisHardy68
    ChrisHardy68
    86 Posts

‏2014-08-12T22:42:33Z  

I attached an example of our template that shows where we export content from links and that is where we also need to export tables as tables from links, not tables as plain text. Thanks in advance, ChrisHardy68, for any suggestions or guidance you might have.

Hi Alisyn,

Thanks for that but are you able to share any of the actual modules used.

I'm specifically interested in how you are linking to the tables.

Are you creating a link to a cell in a table or an object/heading before the table?

Are there links to multiple cells in the same table

Any info you can share on this would be great

• alisyn.bechtel
    alisyn.bechtel
    16 Posts

‏2014-08-13T12:46:09Z  

Hi Alisyn,

Thanks for that but are you able to share any of the actual modules used.

I'm specifically interested in how you are linking to the tables.

Are you creating a link to a cell in a table or an object/heading before the table?

Are there links to multiple cells in the same table

Any info you can share on this would be great

ChrisHardy68,

No, we are not able to share our modules. The answer is that the link is connected to all table objects.

Thanks.