• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2018-12-06T11:44:37Z by EdmundReinhardt
iJohannes
iJohannes
2 Posts

Pinned topic Working with i Project Build, get results of build

‏2018-12-04T11:41:42Z | build i project

Hi,

Does anyone have some experience using a build command with i projects in RDi?

I've got a CL that compiles the programs in my project. I assigned a build command to my project in i Navigator that calls this CL. The build command is always launched in batch it seems.

Now I'd like to retrieve the job log from the 'Job status' view, but when I try to display it I get a message that it is unavailable because the job has ended, even when I  set LOG(4 00 *SECLVL) and LOGCLPGM(*YES) . Is there any way to let RDi retrieve the spooled file containing the job log after the job has ended? (from within the build job status view - i know I could get it from a spooled files filter)

I can also do 'Retrieve errors' from the job status view, but this only seems to get one error list, even when there have been multiple compilations in the build.

Is there any information on this part of RDi somewhere (that does not involve Jazz RTC)?

Thanks in advance!

edit: retrieve errors does seem to get the listings for all programs, so that is good news! Still, if anyone has more information on the build process that would be very helpful!

Updated on 2018-12-04T11:55:20Z at 2018-12-04T11:55:20Z by iJohannes
  • EdmundReinhardt
    EdmundReinhardt
    273 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Working with i Project Build, get results of build

‏2018-12-05T04:34:53Z  

'Retrieve errors' from the job status view retrieves all of the errors from all of the compiles.  RDi has done the work to merge them into a single error list to for the convenience of iProject developers.

HTH

Edmund

• EdmundReinhardt
    EdmundReinhardt
    273 Posts

‏2018-12-05T04:34:53Z  

'Retrieve errors' from the job status view retrieves all of the errors from all of the compiles.  RDi has done the work to merge them into a single error list to for the convenience of iProject developers.

HTH

Edmund

• iJohannes
    iJohannes
    2 Posts

‏2018-12-06T08:30:44Z  

Hi Edmund, you are right, retrieve errors does get all errors from all compiles. Thank you for that information!

Do you know if there is any documentation available online regarding the build options of i Projects?

• EdmundReinhardt
    EdmundReinhardt
    273 Posts

‏2018-12-06T11:44:37Z  
    • iJohannes
    • ‏2018-12-06T08:30:44Z

Hi Edmund, you are right, retrieve errors does get all errors from all compiles. Thank you for that information!

Do you know if there is any documentation available online regarding the build options of i Projects?

Glad it was helpful

Here is the typical user interface help for build options

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSAE4W_9.5.0/com.ibm.etools.iseries.perspective.doc/topics/rprefbldsty.html